Elac Deput 2 b6.2 speakers

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Just purchased Elac Deput 2 b6.2 speakers driven by a Rotel RA1570 intergraded amplifier.
Surprisingly good sound from these bookshelf speakers!
Still in breaking in period
Crutchfield speaker cables attached
Couldn’t expect such good quality with an affordable speaker like this
Very happy
Please comment your opinion :)

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
What is your suggestion Mazersteven?
Pretty happy with the speakers but there is always something better

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
The Rotel retail is/was $1600 - speakers $300

I would have spend $1600 on speakers and $300 on amp

Since your happy just leave it be

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
If you are happy with what you have.....that is great and probably within budget too. Yup, there is always something better within Elac line too. IMO, you are good to go:

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
The Rotel retail is/was $1600 - speakers $300

I would have spend $1600 on speakers and $300 on amp

Since your happy just leave it be
Wish I could but in the future I’ll do something about it

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
At a minimum, I think you would want to check out Elac's $600 DBR-62. Since Crutchfield has such a good return policy, you should really look at your system again, IMHO.
I would have probably gone with a Yamaha R-N803 for a stereo receiver because it gives you full bass management and PEQ as well as ample power for either of these speakers!
The reason we are critical of your system is if you even just checked into the items I suggest, you would find the improvement in ($300 more for) speakers far surpasses any improvement you will realize from ($800 saved for) the amp! This would net $500 savings and provide better sound.
Nothing wrong with the Rotel, it is just that it is a lot of money for something that offers no real advantage over the Yamaha I recommended (yes it is 20 more watts per channel and I would bet it has better power supply; but the thing is that the Yamaha has plenty of power for either of these speakers, so you really don't gain anything there).
I chose the DBR-62 as a step up in the Elac line, thinking it is a safe bet since you like the Debut v2. I have heard the DBR-62 and was impressed by it. I don't think any $300/pr speakers would have teh same level of detail simply because the quality of the drivers must fit the lower budget.
In a way, that highlights the main point - $300 added to a well designed speaker realizes major benefits! But, as long as you have the power to properly drive your speakers, $300 added to an amp does very little (for sound quality ... it is significant if it adds a specific feature that you need)!

If I had $1900 for amp and speakers, looking for the best sound quality possible, I would be looking at the Yamaha WXC-50 for $350 and the Neumann KH 80 DSP (active monitors) for $1,000, and HSU VTF-2 Mk5 (which admittedly blows the budget by $70). That is me! If you need a phono pre-amp you would need to add it, but the compact WXC-50 will virtually disappear into the room while allowing you to stream any of the main streaming services, provides optical inputs, and the MusicCast app works slick! It is not what you want if you have legacy tape decks and CD player, as it only has one analog input, but if your CD player is modern, it should have an optical (toslink) output and the WXC has two of those! I find I no longer use RCA connections for inputs, so even one is wasted in my case!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I agree with the guys. When it comes to budgeting for good sound always plan to spend more for speakers than amplification. You can end up with better sound quality for the same amount of money if you put more into the speakers and less into the amp. I would much rather have $1600 speakers and a $300 amp. Like the Sierra-2EX with RAAL ribbon tweeters! I have a pair of Sierra 2s and instantly loved them. The 2EX is a step up from those.

Well, I s'pose $300 is pushing it a little for decent amplification, but you get the idea. The bulk of the budget goes to the speakers first!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
$300 is pushing it? Using this amp would give another $184 toward speakers :cool:

Just think of the speaker's he could have had with the $1,800
I can't tell ...
Are you recommending this or being sarcastic?
I don't know if you are familiar with it and have put it through the paces ... or have seen measurements on it to recommend it!

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
I agree with the guys. When it comes to budgeting for good sound always plan to spend more for speakers than amplification. You can end up with better sound quality for the same amount of money if you put more into the speakers and less into the amp. I would much rather have $1600 speakers and a $300 amp. Like the Sierra-2EX with RAAL ribbon tweeters! I have a pair of Sierra 2s and instantly loved them. The 2EX is a step up from those.

Well, I s'pose $300 is pushing it a little for decent amplification, but you get the idea. The bulk of the budget goes to the speakers first!
I bought the amp from eBay refurbished Pogre.
It cost me $700 .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis