ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 Bookshelf + Aperion Audio MKII Planar Magnetic Super Tweeter

Hi -Fi Haven

Hi -Fi Haven

Audioholic Intern
ELAC PROS: Value.
Build quality.
Sound quality.
Easy to power.
Not picky about placement.
Detailed midrange.
Tight punchy bass.

ELAC CONS: On my pair the highs need more detail, especially when the grills are on.

I bought my pair of B6.2’s Black Friday 2018 from Amazon for 144.99 for the pair. What a bargain! I love the B6.2’s detailed midrange and tight punchy bass. Where I found them lacking slightly was in the detailed highs department. Especially with the grills on. I compensated for this by using the tone controls to add treble. But then I would have to adjust it again on the next piece of music. The tone controls are NOT easily accessible on my AVR.
Now in comes the Aperion Audio MKII Planar Magnetic Flat Ribbon Super Tweeter. 399 USD Pair. Excellent build quality and very easy to connect. As soon as I stated the music I was rewarded with open detail detailed highs that complemented the B6.2s excellent midrange and bass. The MKII Super Tweeters are subtle I have not experienced any over brightness or harshness. On the rear panel of each super there are controls to adjust volume and frequency.
The ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 speakers and the Aperion Audio MKII Planar Magnetic Super Tweeters make for a sweet combination. My listening sessions are even more enjoyable now!
7C3D9957-505B-48AF-990C-6F2AEC173449.jpeg
542B69D9-0184-4E76-8A4C-750C1C90E1BF.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis