Elac Adante Sub Sale!

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
PASS- all your paying for is the name and looks.
I think it's funny though their list price was $2850, yet from Elac it's been $1999.
Better subs out there for less.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
PASS- all your paying for is the name and looks.
I think it's funny though their list price was $2850, yet from Elac it's been $1999.
Better subs out there for less.
So, what subs perform better and have the (equal to or better) feature set for less than $1500?

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
It appears so- they are carrying the full lineup...
I checked Elac's website....https://www.elac.com/authorized-online-retailers/

It does not look like underwoodhifi is listed as a authorized dealer....I wouldn't buy a 'fairly expensive' sub from a unauthorized dealer and be a sitting duck if Elac denies the warranty (Not concerned about the drivers, but the amps can be flaky as fck in subs no matter who the manufacturer is!)

Music Direct is definitely a listed authorized dealer and has them listed for the same discounted price. Might be a safer bet.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
So, what subs perform better and have the (equal to or better) feature set for less than $1500?
Here is just one example, sure there is more. However don;t feel the need to search them all. :)
ELAC Adante sub 3070
1610156722886.png

Monolith 15
1610156782311.png

Even the 12' is better until it reaches 50hz
1610157025838.png

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I checked Elac's website....https://www.elac.com/authorized-online-retailers/

It does not look like underwoodhifi is listed as a authorized dealer....I wouldn't buy a 'fairly expensive' sub from a unauthorized dealer and be a sitting duck if Elac denies the warranty (Not concerned about the drivers, but the amps can be flaky as fck in subs no matter who the manufacturer is!)

Music Direct is definitely a listed authorized dealer and has them listed for the same discounted price. Might be a safer bet.
Good to hear! I did not realize they had been reduced on the MD site as well!

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Here is just one example, sure there is more. However don;t feel the need to search them all. :)
ELAC Adante sub 3070
View attachment 43498

Monolith 15
View attachment 43499
Even the 12' is better until it reaches 50hz
View attachment 43500
I do not believe the Monolith line has DSP, auto EQ and room correction via a phone app (i.e., feature set) which was part of my question. Granted, they are awesome subs from everything I have read, but the compo is not apples to apples...

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
I do not believe the Monolith line has DSP, auto EQ and room correction via a phone app (i.e., feature set) which was part of my question. Granted, they are awesome subs from everything I have read, but the compo is not apples to apples...
And the monolith's ugly ugly ugly...ugly like a Raccoon's butt cheeks.....bwaaahahaha (Monolith fanboys like @shadyJ will be out for my bluddd in 10....9....8.....7) bwaaaaahahaha

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
And the monolith's ugly ugly ugly...ugly like a Raccoon's butt cheeks.....bwaaahahaha (Monolith fanboys like @shadyJ will be out for my bluddd in 10....9....8.....7) bwaaaaahahaha
That Elac thing is no beauty, tho, what with the fugly footings and all. $1500 is a more reasonable price in any case than the retail....but wouldn't particularly be on my list...the electronics only control I hope is reliable.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
WHY I OUGHTTA!!! :mad:

You are right though, they are not exactly lookers. They may get a redesign to look nicer, btw, in the not too far future.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
That Elac thing is no beauty, tho, what with the fugly footings and all. $1500 is a more reasonable price in any case than the retail....but wouldn't particularly be on my list...the electronics only control I hope is reliable.
I was just keedin man....These Elacs are kinda ugly too. These subs were released to conform to the aesthetic of the Elac Adante series. The Adante itself (if one's being honest) is not exactly a purttty speaker either and it is mostly why the Mrs sent me and my Adantes packin to the basement....but, it sounds purrrtty good!

P.S
It is practically impossible to find a high performance sub that's not a fckin eyesore!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hey if you want beautiful subs there are options....but generally will cost ya!
I was just keedin man....These Elacs are kinda ugly too. These subs were released to conform to the aesthetic of the Elac Adante series. The Adante itself (if one's being honest) is not exactly a purttty speaker either and it is mostly why the Mrs sent me and my Adantes packin to the basement....but, it sounds purrrtty good!

P.S
It is practically impossible to find a high performance sub that's not a fckin eyesore!
Same for coffin box speakers for that matter. Only so much you can do if it even matters. I don't stare at my gear, and no WAF to upset so aesthetic as long as not garish I'm good (like those footings....what, to appease some sort of spike fetish thing?). Best you can do is perhaps IB or TRW17 and hide it altogether if you have the right room, or other in-wall solutions. Otherwise it's like big butts, ya like 'em or not I suppose.

Kim Kardashian line of subs....whaddya think?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hey if you want beautiful subs there are options....but generally will cost ya!

Same for coffin box speakers for that matter. Only so much you can do if it even matters. I don't stare at my gear, and no WAF to upset so aesthetic as long as not garish I'm good (like those footings....what, to appease some sort of spike fetish thing?). Best you can do is perhaps IB or TRW17 and hide it altogether if you have the right room, or other in-wall solutions. Otherwise it's like big butts, ya like 'em or not I suppose.

Kim Kardashian line of subs....whaddya think?
Sorry amigo. I don’t need some dump truck a$$ booty lookin subs.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

P.S
Funk Audio, absolutely gorgeous and very high performance - if you have the $$$. SVS's sealed subs are pretty nice. Rythmiks can look nice in gloss black. Hsu's ULS-15 mk2 in Rosenut is pretty nice. MartinLogans's upper tier Dynamos has a nice satin black finish.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Dave can do whatever aesthetic for the sub ya want at Deep Sea Sound....with excellent drivers.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Funk Audio, absolutely gorgeous and very high performance - if you have the $$$. SVS's sealed subs are pretty nice. Rythmiks can look nice in gloss black. Hsu's ULS-15 mk2 in Rosenut is pretty nice. MartinLogans's upper tier Dynamos has a nice satin black finish.
Just looked at their website....WTF?!?! Why on earth would it cost an arm and a leg to put some curves and good finishes on a sub enclosure....For instance, many affordable phenomenal sounding speakers have beautiful curves and great finishes for much cheaper.....Could it be that since most subs are butt ugly, funk audio thinks they can charge anything because they made a prettier enclosure (the monopoly on purtttty for subs)??

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just looked at their website....WTF?!?! Why on earth would it cost an arm and a leg to put some curves and good finishes on a sub enclosure....For instance, many affordable phenomenal sounding speakers have beautiful curves and great finishes for much cheaper.....Could it be that since most subs are butt ugly, funk audio thinks they can charge anything because they made a prettier enclosure (the monopoly on purtttty for subs)??
Funk also builds their own drivers and amps....gonna cost ya! Their woodworking/finish skills are known to be top notch.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis