M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Ok, this is just plain goofy but I've been drinking beer....

I've found that our membership includes a wide array of people with interest in and knowledge of a wide variety of subjects. In addition, I occasionally see references that I identify with that gives me an idea of the person's age.

So...who here can tell me where the phrase 'I'm smarter than the average bear...eh, boo boo' comes from?

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Wow...first reply and we have a winner. :D

Anytime I'm feeling full of myself (which is usually only after I've had more than a few beers), I like to think of that.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Whats the next question? I love that show when I was little. Also, it is nice that there are so many ages/interests represented here, it certainly makes the steamvent a far more interesting place for example: I never expected my food thread to end up getting so many recipes traded!

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
What brand of beer is served at the MDS Bar and Grill?

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I had to look up the Shiner. It appears to have quite the pedigree.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
That was easy MDS, reachback into the Warner Brothers' bag and you can find so great ones.

majorloser

majorloser

Actually it was Hanna-Barbera Productions.
Yogi Bear was part of the Huckleberry Hound Show before he got his own show.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
OK, kids, what show featured Chief Thunderthud and Phineas T. Bluster?

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
OK, kids, what show featured Chief Thunderthud and Phineas T. Bluster?
No idea. I'll have to google that and see if it jogs my memory (doubt it). Gee, and I thought Hong Kong Phooey was obscure. :)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
No idea. I'll have to google that and see if it jogs my memory (doubt it). Gee, and I thought Hong Kong Phooey was obscure. :)
Hong Kong Phooey was great, it started back when the kung fu craze went throught he roof, remember "Everybody Wants Kung Fu Dancing?" Enter the Dragon and Kung Fu where the top movie and tv show back when I was in junior high (middle school now.)

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Wow...first reply and we have a winner. :D

Anytime I'm feeling full of myself (which is usually only after I've had more than a few beers), I like to think of that.
I have been gradually cutting down on beer. My maximum in a given day is now 3 (and that is 3 wimpy 3.2% beers, not the stronger stuff they sell in Texas.:cool:)

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Wasn't that the Howdy Doody Show? Not 100%, but that is my best guess!
You are correct, sir.:) I know I'm probably older than most here, but this was the first TV show I ever saw (early 50s) If you remember Capt. Kangaroo, his first gig was as Claribell the clown on this show. Also, Chief Thunderthud was the originator of the expletive "Cowabonga", in case any of you thought Bart Simpson came up with it.
This makes me older than hi-fi...

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I remember Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Green Jeans (I think that was his name).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis