Edifier S2000 Pro Bluetooth Powered Speaker Review

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The Edifier S2000 Pro wireless two-way bookshelf speakers are a beautifully crafted fully active design with state of the art Class D amplification and DAC’s from Texas Instruments, a rigid 5.5” black anodized aluminum cone woofer and a planar magnetic tweeter in a horn loaded waveguide. They feature Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX for near CD quality streaming as well as balanced inputs. Edifier wants to give everyone the opportunity to be an “audiophile” with these speakers. Read our review and watch our YouTube video to see if they successfully pulled it off at only $400/pair.

Edifier-hero.jpg

Read: Edifier S2000 Pro Bluetooth Powered Speaker Review

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Any experience comments on how SQ of these might compare with JBL lsr305's?

Are you keeping them for your drum kit?

These are listed as "near field" did you notice anything about the sound character in your larger room (aside from not being able to play loud in your large room) that restricted them to near-field use?

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Any experience comments on how SQ of these might compare with JBL lsr305's?

Are you keeping them for your drum kit?

These are listed as "near field" did you notice anything about the sound character in your larger room (aside from not being able to play loud in your large room) that restricted them to near-field use?
I plan on getting in a pair of LSR 306 mkII to compare. I heard from others that these do compare favorably to the LSR 305s but haven't done a direct comparison myself.

IN my large room they just don't get quite loud enough or have enough bass which is to be expected. They do work best as a nearfield monitor and do quite well with my drum kit. I am not keeping them as I really want the LSR 306's bc of the bigger woofer and more powerful amp which should be even better for use with my drum kit especially when my friend brings his bass amp over which is far louder and more powerful than these monitors.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I plan on getting in a pair of LSR 306 mkII to compare. I heard from others that these do compare favorably to the LSR 305s but haven't done a direct comparison myself.

IN my large room they just don't get quite loud enough or have enough bass which is to be expected. They do work best as a nearfield monitor and do quite well with my drum kit. I am not keeping them as I really want the LSR 306's bc of the bigger woofer and more powerful amp which should be even better for use with my drum kit especially when my friend brings his bass amp over which is far louder and more powerful than these monitors.
Yeah, the 306's won't be as pretty, but getting the full wallop from your kick drum definitely needs a decent sized driver!

S

SKA

Audiophyte
Thanks Gene for wonderful review. It seems S2000Pro are in direct competition to Swan M200MKIII and upcoming SVS Active Prime. It will be great to do comparison.
SK

S

Siddharth

Audiophyte
Well i am thinking to buy it.

Last edited:
RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
I was considering powered speakers for my game room to replace my Yamaha RX-A820 and Revel M20's but the logistics did not work out. Here were the obstacles:
  • Routing Power to through the walls. There was power below so it was not moderate but not sever.
  • Routing between speakers. There is a drop ceiling so it could be done.
  • Driving from the Oppo BDP-105D Balanced outs. The runs gets long so balanced inputs are a good idea.
  • Auto power on. The models I looked at did not appear to have a low power and auto-sensing. Wall mouted in my 9.5 ceilings would require a step-stool. I don't like leaving stuff powered on 24/7.
  • Some models are fully DSP controlled so powered also meant re-digitizing.
  • If DSP controlled, then a digital interface is preferable. This means wiring then together or wireless.
So, I bought an ATI AT5222NC which when driven directly by the Oppo BDP-105D is a marked improvement over the RX-A820. I like the Paradigm 9H approach that powers and DSPs only the bass section.

- Rich

P

plemieux

Audiophyte
Hi -
I realize that this thread has been stale for a few months, but I hope that more people (and the author) are still monitoring it and interested. This is a great review for what is sure to be a great speaker set.
I'm writing now because I'm interested in slowly getting back into high quality audio, after many many years of sacrifice for the sake of convenience (ipods, cheapish portable BT speakers like Jambox; etc), and am considering starting with either these speakers, or the Swans M200MKIII+ (about $100 more). Let's face it, I'll probably still stream my music, news etc through the iPhone, but I don't mind having speakers in one place, fixed in the room, if that will give me similar sound to what I grew up with as a teenager. Eventually, I'd even like to pair them with a high end amplifier/receiver and maybe even a turntable. No fix plans yet (yes, I know: both sets have built-in amps... and I'm not sure if that makes them completely incompatible with standalone hifi amps etc down the line...) The TV pairing will come first, certainly.
The reason for this post is a simple question, since both speakers are getting rave reviews everywhere, and we must get down to the details. Should the fact the Swans embraced the newer BT 5.0 standard as opposed to Edifier's BT 4.0+APTX (a lower standard, with about 1/4 of the streaming rate) be a decision maker in your opinion? The Swans are also 100W vs 50W for the Edifier (more capacity, but I'm not looking for 'loud').
Thank you for your comment!
PL

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis