STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
THX, I really look forward to listening to Leftfield now :cool:

Heard from people being at Leftfield concerts, they felt like they had been going 12 rounds with Mike Tyson, Now I can get that feeling at home, I hope :eek::D

Does just one ear hurt?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Man, dual 18's, that's gonna be some sick bass, be sure to post pics once you have it all setup.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I think both ears hurt, and I believe they will have enough pressure to interfere with your heart rhythm :eek:

And pics will be ! :cool:

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Stay away from "Midgard audio"

These A7S-450's had not been purchased from us directly, but a potential distributor.
My A7-450S subs now look like a Mirage which means the purchase looks like a definite NO-GO.

Let me first of all say that this has nothing with elemental designs to do whatsoever. I have had a long pleasant email conversation with Alex Lindeman of ED and to me they seem like magnificent guys doing business in a beautiful way, and how they do business seem extremely professional to me.

Problem is Norwegian "potential" distributor that goes out with a "shock sale" on Elemental designs products using obsolete price lists from ED as the foundation for these sales. Of course ED updates their distributors and "potential" distributors with these figures, and that has also been the case relating to Midgard audio.

A while back ED upgraded their product lines going from MDF to EFS and doing other upgrades, of course, this will increate the price of a product.

Now the manager of Midgard audio refuses to fulfill orders because he now realizes that he's gonna lose money by selling ED products, and in the same go blaiming elemental designs for lack of communication and using words that I will not repeat here, because it was stated in a private email to me and I won't disclose that in public, but this was not pleasant.

Unfortunately Midgard audio is a company in Norway that may not deliver Elemental Designs products as advertized and from how I see things Midgard audio is breaking the Norwegian laws of advertizing and sales. This is not facts, but my subjective opinion on this.

To me the Norwegian company "Midgard audio" seem like trying to catch customers by providing bait in form of low-price on products, and then.... when he cannot deliver, trying to move them onto other products that he may provide. I have words for business practices like this, but I will be banned from AH if I state my opinions on this here, I believe.

Anyways I will pursue this and if I find it necessary, potentially consider what legislative steps may be executed.

Unfortunately I won't get my A7-450S now, but I have made a decision to get ED sub's with 18" drivers and.... well we will se how and when I will get them, and which model... Perhaps the new A7-900 is ready for delivery when this is over.
Alex, wou will get a new order from me somehow!

So not getting my subs is good news, I will probably get something even better, it just will take some more time :D

Based on this, my advice would be to stay away from a company like Midgard Audio

Cheers

Harald :mad:

Disclaimer: What's stated in this post may not be all facts, but my subjective opinion on this

Last edited:
H

Harrison476

Junior Audioholic
Musical Subs?

What are the best subwoofers for music?

H

Harrison476

Junior Audioholic
That's like saying which car is best for racing... aks 100 people, you will get 100 different answers.
I agree. Maybe I should put it another way. Of the subwoofers you have owned which preformed exceptional with your tower speakers in stereo. What was it about the sub (woofer,cab.ported,sealed,amp,ect.) that you believe enabled it to do so?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Poor Harald and his thread:

J/K, Harrison! :D

Harald - sorry to read that your subs aren't going to be delivered. That's a bummer to have to deal with a company like that (the distributor). I'm glad that ED has been so good in communicating with you.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Poor Harald and his thread:

J/K, Harrison! :D

Harald - sorry to read that your subs aren't going to be delivered. That's a bummer to have to deal with a company like that (the distributor). I'm glad that ED has been so good in communicating with you.
He he.....
I hijack other people's threads all the time, this is just fine... go on guys :p

Thx a whole bunch Adam!!

I'm getting absolutely incredibly furious when companies play dirty and do not run their business in a decent way; So when people like this try to screw me I will kick back!
What the hell is wrong with a "potential" distributor when he goes directly to his "potential" dealer and try to convince them to make an old obsolete product and sell this to a customer in order to save money for himself, but provide the customer with a less performing product... and not provide the product that the customer ordered.

I may possibly be dealing directly with ED in US, coz shipping of the larger... more expensive sub's are not too bad, and .... after communicating directly with ED, I don't think I'd ever have any issues going for a deal with them :D

I will have to extend my budget, but that will get me better sub's at higher price tag, but the overhead of shipping will be much less by going with the better sub's :p
So this is an opportunity to get sth even better, and not a problem....

This is not even difficult, just some obstacles on the way the need to be resolved, there are solutions to everything in life, it's just to look the right way.

b.t.w. this is the first order of ED products that this "potential" distributor handles in Norway .... "great work" :p
Midgard audio went on with a "shock sale" of Elemental Design" products, and ED wasn't even made aware of the fact that they put the ED products on the web for sale :p

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis