highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yep Ricky Scott for one.
As much as Biden says he wants to keep it, he was completely against ALL 'entitlements' in the past- plenty of videos show him saying he wants them gone, including for the military. Anyone who wants to end these can KMA. If they can send people to their deaths and dismemberment, they can pay for the aftermath.

highfigh

highfigh

If they would rather die they had better do it and decrease the surplus population”
The million who died must have affected SS by not living through their payout.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
The million who died must have affected SS by not living through their payout.
that's pretty much the way I see it. Let the older age die off so the Goberment can use whatever soc sec is left on wars, giving it to other countries and their salaries. Thay can talk all they want, but tax paying Citizens it appears is not their priority. IF it was, the debt would be going down and the prices of goods and services and everything else would be lower.

highfigh

highfigh

that's pretty much the way I see it. Let the older age die off so the Goberment can use whatever soc sec is left on wars, giving it to other countries and their salaries. Thay can talk all they want, but tax paying Citizens it appears is not their priority. IF it was, the debt would be going down and the prices of goods and services and everything else would be lower.
They don't take SS money but they may borrow it.

Did you see Woody Harrelson's monologue on SNL? It was interesting and I generally don't listen to anything he says.

Congress and POTUS have pet projects and their agendas and we aren't it. They say we are, but if someone looks at what they do and how they spend money, it's not what the country needs. The US has millions who are dependent on aid when they should be able to get a decent job, but they didn't finish school, graduated without being literate or able to do basic math, are the product of drug and alcohol abuse whether by themselves or parents/family members and the abuse that came with it. Now, the recent spike in car theft/carjacking is driving auto insurance cost up more than any single factor ever and low income people will have another reason they can't afford it (the increase for this year is roughly 13%). What has Congress said about it? I don't know, I haven't seen any comments from them although I saw a news report showing a comment from Biden saying that carjackers should be punished to the full extent.

I won't hold my breath, waiting to see Congress improve their approval rating.

What will be done about WalMArt, the largest retail chain, closing many stores? I expect nothing and I expect most others expect the same.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
What will be done about WalMArt, the largest retail chain, closing many stores? I expect nothing and I expect most others expect the same.
Well the One Fla Walmart that is closing in Pinellas CTY Fla, is a "original Walmart and .82 miles down the road is a newer Superwalmart. Easy to see the reason here.
Screenshot 2023-03-03 104140.jpg

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
And the Walmart closing in 301 San Mateo Blvd. SE, Albuquerque. Well if you read about the area, its a rich crime zone. But there are still many Walmarts close by in Albuquerque. I see these 8 Walmart closings as a overbuild by Walmart,. So what can be done, if the business is losing money at certain stores, they built them and they can close them if they are losing money. Why keep any business open, if the income doesn't pay for the out lay in dollars in wages, medical, utilities, taxes and salaries, upkeep etc.. But I feel in the two examples I noted, Walmart either overbuilt the area on purpose or built a SuperWalmart close by. They put themselves out of business in each one of those stores.

Screenshot 2023-03-03 104841.jpg

highfigh

highfigh

Well the One Fla Walmart that is closing in Pinellas CTY Fla, is a "original Walmart and .82 miles down the road is a newer Superwalmart. Easy to see the reason here.
View attachment 60659
They're closing two in Portland, OR. Knowing the location of the one they're closing in MKE, I think I know why- all of the WalMart stores in MKE are hit hard, by shoplifters. The parking lot at the one close to me (where I go because it's safer than the next closest) has been absolutely loaded with trash. I saw an SUV at the other nearby store with bullet holes in the side and a bunch of cops searching the parking lot for bullet slugs after a guy shot at his ex girlfriend while she had several kids in the vehicle, so..... They constantly have fights, shoplifting losses and many of the employees are indifferent to much, aside from chatting with other employees or wandering aimlessly, but OTOH, others have been extremely helpful and friendly- I think the manager needs to spend less time in the office and start training people better- I don't like firing people to be the first response to a complaint.

Maybe smaller WalMart Express stores would be better than closing since many people buy most of their groceries at those stores.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
One thing I don't understand is if the interest rate has been raised 10 times in the last year, won't it show up eventually?

It's this cat-and-mouse over the last 6-12 months I've seen with Fox Business etc saying there is a recession looming and yet things, at least on the surface, seem stable. Sure, not great, but it doesn't feel like a complete catastrophe. Yet.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Be interesting to know what can be done to make cuts outside SS. Posts from the comment section I thought were interesting.

1685365361309.png

It’s because US Fiat currency debt is seen as ‘more safe’ than any other countries fiat currency debt, and that debt issuance underscored/propped up by barrel of the gun (strongest military on earth). If either one of those dynamics change, then yes, you should worry. If Trump or Biden win (or any Uniparty candidate) then keep on squirreling away some gold. If not for yourself, for your kin. Suggest a fireproof safe and bolt it to the floor ;)
-----
The USA Fiat printed $ (US dollar) still has to be ‘bought up’ by other Fiat Currencies from other countries in form of US Treasury issued debt, and in our case China is our largest creditor. As long as countries keep on buying up US treasury issued debt the party continues. So ‘it’s all of us’ that participate in use of fiat currency as a medium of exchange that give the currency value. If you remove the debt ceiling then there is no ‘check’ on how high the $ printing (and hope that all of us buy up that debt). The chart Jordan shows is brilliant and underscores that accumulated $ fiat currency debt just keeps on getting bigger and higher. US has been on top in this debt issuance and other countries buy up, for many decades (my whole life). But can it last? The BRIC countries (Brasil, Russia, India. China) would like to create a bucket of Fiat Currencies they issue, to supplant US dollar as the go-to for world governments and citizenry to buy, instead of US debt. That is a long game, now in process. If it succeeds, US debt issuance will be less attractive, and if you print fiat $ and you can’t sell the resulting debt then you get hyperinflation. Too much fiat printed $ and too few goods and services to purchase with that printed $, results in inflation tax on all holders of that Fiat currency. Look at countries across Central and South America to see really crippling inflation from this practice. Sri Lanka and Pakistan are other examples of massive inflation. During Covid, many companies received Fiat Currency ‘relief payments’. But did they use that $$ to make investments and produce new goods and services (as was hoped to stimulate economy). Some did, but a whole bunch of them simply used that $ to buy back their own shares from public market. And by doing so decreased the # of their shares outstanding and remaining shares for that company increased in on-price price.
-----
The other part of this. In order for USA debt / fiat currency to be the most attractive in the world for creditors to buy up (and therefore keep the gravy train of benefits to USA citizens), the US must keep and maintain the strongest military in the world, and use it continuously. The perpetual funding of the Military Industrial Complex and resulting armaments/blue water navy, nuclear subs, help deter rise of other nations, and as such no other country fiat currency/debt issuance can supplant that of USA.

This is lens in how I view what’s going on in Ukraine. It hits two plus markers for US global hegemony. Funding for more military and simultaneously weaken the currency of one of the BRICS (Russia). USA brought on this war (in my view) by expanding NATO ever eastward, including installing pro western government in Ukraine in 2014. See this link, where USA and 30 other countries are now placing ‘economic sanctions’ on Russia exports/ freezing of fiat currency assets they hold in banks around the globe. That’s a warning to the world don’t mess with USA fiat currency.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-us-department-of-the-treasury-government-janet-yellen-business-f85483ad976990a056c9bfc6b504a07d

FrankieBnm

FrankieBnm

Audiophyte
Be interesting to know what can be done to make cuts outside SS. Posts from the comment section I thought were interesting.

View attachment 62145

It’s because US Fiat currency debt is seen as ‘more safe’ than any other countries fiat currency debt, and that debt issuance underscored/propped up by barrel of the gun (strongest military on earth). If either one of those dynamics change, then yes, you should worry. If Trump or Biden win (or any Uniparty candidate) then keep on squirreling away some gold. If not for yourself, for your kin. Suggest a fireproof safe and bolt it to the floor ;)
-----
The USA Fiat printed $ (US dollar) still has to be ‘bought up’ by other Fiat Currencies from other countries in form of US Treasury issued debt, and in our case China is our largest creditor. As long as countries keep on buying up US treasury issued debt the party continues. So ‘it’s all of us’ that participate in use of fiat currency as a medium of exchange that give the currency value. If you remove the debt ceiling then there is no ‘check’ on how high the $ printing (and hope that all of us buy up that debt). The chart Jordan shows is brilliant and underscores that accumulated $ fiat currency debt just keeps on getting bigger and higher. US has been on top in this debt issuance and other countries buy up, for many decades (my whole life). But can it last? The BRIC countries (Brasil, Russia, India. China) would like to create a bucket of Fiat Currencies they issue, to supplant US dollar as the go-to for world governments and citizenry to buy, instead of US debt. That is a long game, now in process. If it succeeds, US debt issuance will be less attractive, and if you print fiat $ and you can’t sell the resulting debt then you get hyperinflation. Too much fiat printed $ and too few goods and services to purchase with that printed $, results in inflation tax on all holders of that Fiat currency. Look at countries across Central and South America to see really crippling inflation from this practice. Sri Lanka and Pakistan are other examples of massive inflation. During Covid, many companies received Fiat Currency ‘relief payments’. But did they use that $$ to make investments and produce new goods and services (as was hoped to stimulate economy). Some did, but a whole bunch of them simply used that $ to buy back their own shares from public market. And by doing so decreased the # of their shares outstanding and remaining shares for that company increased in on-price price.
-----
The other part of this. In order for USA debt / fiat currency to be the most attractive in the world for creditors to buy up (and therefore keep the gravy train of benefits to USA citizens), the US must keep and maintain the strongest military in the world, and use it continuously. The perpetual funding of the Military Industrial Complex and resulting armaments/blue water navy, nuclear subs, help deter rise of other nations, and as such no other country fiat currency/debt issuance can supplant that of USA.

This is lens in how I view what’s going on in Ukraine. It hits two plus markers for US global hegemony. Funding for more military and simultaneously weaken the currency of one of the BRICS (Russia). USA brought on this war (in my view) by expanding NATO ever eastward, including installing pro western government in Ukraine in 2014. See this link, where USA and 30 other countries are now placing ‘economic sanctions’ on Russia exports/ freezing of fiat currency assets they hold in banks around the globe. That’s a warning to the world don’t mess with USA fiat currency.
-----
I would not link all of this to these events because the economic aspect of our country is more serious. When I was in college, I studied the possible prospects of our economy, but I could not understand it entirely and decided to turn to a research paper service. By taking help from https://paperell.net/research-paper-writing-service I was not only able to get a good grade but also got a professional view on the topic I was interested in. The conclusions that were drawn in this paper opened my eyes to many things. I hope that by the time our economy comes to the brink, the right person will be at the helm and will be able to prevent a catastrophe.
These comments are really interesting. All this resembles a soap bubble that will destroy everything around it when it bursts. upd I also read the rest of the comments in the article. Enough weird people out there.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis