Earthquake Sound Subwoofers

C

Clownaphobia

Audioholic Intern
Hi All

I am looking to add one or two Earthquake Sound subwoofers to my HT setup. I am currently using the subwoofers on the Def Tech BP9060.

Based on local availability, I have tried the Minime p12 (12 inch) and the mkvii 15 (15 inch). I need suggestions if I will need two 12 inch subs or a 15 inch sub.

For guidance, my room measures 4m x 4m (13.12 ft x 13.12 ft) and the room is enclosed with a single entry door which remains closed, when I am watching a movie or listening to music. In addition, I have flexibility to place the sub(s) in the front of the room as well as at the back.

KRs
Earthquake actually makes some fantastic subwoofers. They are not a household name, but I’ve spent time in their booths several times at Cedia shows. They are usually the ones that are loud and raucous..maybe not as well refined as some other vendors, but I don’t think that’s their style. The 15” that you mentioned is a beast of a subwoofer too. I know that a well respected member on AVS wrote his experiences with that subwoofer some time ago (including measurements)...so possibly search for that. Of course all the normal recommended Hsu, Svs, Psa, Rythmik, etc. are all top notch products as well. However if they are not readily available for you, I wouldn’t be leary of Earthquake products at all. Just my .002

Last edited:
O

omar90

Enthusiast
Earthquake actually makes some fantastic subwoofers. They are not a household name, but I’ve spent time in their booths several times at Cedia shows. They are usually the ones that are loud and raucous..maybe not as well refined as some other vendors, but I don’t think that’s their style. The 15” that you mentioned is a beast of a subwoofer too. I know that a well respected member on AVS wrote his experiences with that subwoofer some time ago (including measurements)...so possibly search for that. Of course all the normal recommended Hsu, Svs, Psa, Rythmik, etc. are all top notch products as well. However if they are not readily available for you, I wouldn’t be leary of Earthquake products at all. Just my .002
Would it be possible to share a link to the discussion/forum thread in which the analysis was provided?

C

Clownaphobia

Audioholic Intern
Would it be possible to share a link to the discussion/forum thread in which the analysis was provided?
There are quite a few different discussions ...just search AVS Earthquake Supernova and pick through them. Not sure how linking other audio forums is viewed here, so I’d rather not. Disclaimer, I haven’t owned these before, but I have heard them play very loudly and very low at trade shows. I do think there are better options for less money, but the Supernova line is very impressive nonetheless

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Hi All

I am looking to add one or two Earthquake Sound subwoofers to my HT setup. I am currently using the subwoofers on the Def Tech BP9060.

Based on local availability, I have tried the Minime p12 (12 inch) and the mkvii 15 (15 inch). I need suggestions if I will need two 12 inch subs or a 15 inch sub.

For guidance, my room measures 4m x 4m (13.12 ft x 13.12 ft) and the room is enclosed with a single entry door which remains closed, when I am watching a movie or listening to music. In addition, I have flexibility to place the sub(s) in the front of the room as well as at the back.
Earthquake is a company I will NOT promote on this website. The owner threatened to sue us if we published CEA2010 data on their subwoofers. A couple of users here reported their power amplifiers blew up years ago and upon me examining the schematics of the circuit, I noted the power supply caps were speced at a working voltage very close to the rails which may have been the culprit. They again threatened to sue us if we didn't delete the user thread on their amps. Be warned about this company.

U

ufso

Audiophyte
I own 2 Minimes P12v2 and have had to replace both drivers and radiators. Now on my newest one that I bought , the driver is going out again. It will cost me $60 to ship it to them. They want the whole damn sub and it weighs 45 lbs.

I RECOMMEND DO NOT TO BUY THIS BRAND.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis