Earthquake MKV-10 600W RMS Sub Brand New Worth It ???

R

RemiX25

Audiophyte
Hello guys,

I have just purchased a brand new Earthquake MKV-10 600W RMS subwoofer for £310. I was wondering being at least 8-12 yrs old is it worth it? As we know there wouldn't be much of a change over the course of 10 years, maybe the bass may sound cleaner but that would have a lot of factors involved. An old subwoofer can still outperform many new subwoofers.

My worry is, not knowing the material used on the woofer and having either a really soft cone or stiff cone. From my research these subwoofers are reliable and strong. I would like to know what you guys think. I couldn't find the frequency graph but have heard they tune them down to their advertised Hz, This one is 20Hz, plus or minus what dB... I don't know.

Some advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Well, you already bought it, so what are your impressions?

DJ

R

RemiX25

Audiophyte
Well, you already bought it, so what are your impressions?

DJ
Returned it immediately.

The subwoofer was making pulsating pop sounds and the amp was making a slight hum.

Bought the svs pb1000, no regrets best sub you can buy for £500

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
That’s funny, before I had noticed that you’d already bought it I typed out a response to check ID companies before making your purchase lol, and then deleted it. SVS rocks, good job.

DJ

R

RemiX25

Audiophyte
Indeed they do. 95% of subs that say 16hz or 20hz start tapering off at 30 35hz and you never hear them go low.

With the pb1000 it goes down to 20hz before it starts rolling off and in my room it gets to 15 Hz. This is a 300w 10 inch subwoofer. Being ported is amazing as it can go loud.

I have the pb2000 in my bed room all I'm going to say is, svs said they couldn't believe their eyes when I told them. I had contacted them as on half way volume it sounds quiet, so they said their amps are linear which makes it one of the best. Most subs are at max volume at 12 o clock settings and tend to distort above, where as I've had mine at 4 o clock and doesn't show any signs if giving up. I've even boosted it a little and still maintains a clean sound.

SVS subs are worth every penny. The pb2000 is retailing at £829 and there's subwoofers retailing at 1200 that don't come anywhere near it.

That’s funny, before I had noticed that you’d already bought it I typed out a response to check ID companies before making your purchase lol, and then deleted it. SVS rocks, good job.

DJ

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis