highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The speaker I was thinking of was the Ionofane, which was mid sixties. That was the first and a few others have come later.
I haven't seen anything about Fame in a very long time. I doubt many of those made it to the US.

highfigh

highfigh

Is the fat problem there that pronounced? :)
I was on the phone with tech support for either Denon or Yamaha and they called Florida 'Lightning Alley'- said that more equipment is killed by lightning there than all other states, combined.

highfigh

highfigh

Definitely worse to be barefoot in a lightning storm. Which is why we were urged to be extra careful. I got struck through an air gap between a galvanized pipe and a galvanized tank I was installing in a garage. The lightning had struck the tall pine that was next to the well. It travelled thru the pipe to me and knocked me on my butt and made me a little woozy for a couple days after. If I had not had work boots on, I may not have survived it.

Still, grounding one's self is harmless and feels good regardless. Anyone who has ever took their shoes off at the shore, or even in the grass can feel it. First thing I do in summer when I get home is kick off the shoes, grab the shorts and go outside and hang out there for awhile and water the garden. It's like a reset for the rest of the evening.

Shoes are unhealthy, especially now with all this memory foam crap that ends up putting pressure on parts of the feet that are otherwise designed to avoid it.
A pro golfer (Lee Trevino) was hit by lightning three times and when someone asked by he said he carries a one iron when the clouds roll in, he said "Because, not even God can hit a one iron".

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, lightning here is bad. All the trees in my yard have been hit at least once. But the power company has killed more of my electronics in this home than any other place I have lived. Why? Unexplainable outages that sometimes occur daily some weeks. My neighbor complained as well. Since we are sharing the same transformer, it has to be that. But because they can't reproduce the condition or find fault, they will not change it. This has been going on over 20 years. Now that kitchen appliances have circuit boards (because we all need smart fookin appliances now) they are much more susceptible to surges, apparently. Next time it happens I intend to seek legal help. It has wrecked refrigerators, stoves, PCs and surge protectors.

highfigh

highfigh

I saw a flash through the window where I'm sitting, then a loud 'crack' sound, then slow rumbling for almost a full minute- turns out, the strike occurred a few miles SE of here, but the lightning bolt was visible to the NE of me.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I was going after the "lightening" thing :)

God, I'm slow.

But back on topic sort of, I think the article disagrees with TLS !!! :confused:

Cool video if you bother with the link. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis