T

trepxe

Audiophyte
Hi all, I just got a new video ipod for Christmas and i'm loving it. I'm thinking about buying new earbud headphones, i've got some panasonic ones right now but i don't really like them simply because the bass sucks on them. Could you guys suggest some earbud headphones that have really good bass, i've read about the Sonic Future E3's, but they are a little too expensive for me and i heard that you need to replace the foams quite often. Are there any other earbud headphones maybe similar, or just have really good bass?? Well thanks for your help guys.

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
I am a huge fan of the Shure E3C, but if you don't want to swap foam tips out, might as well try out the Sony EX-71. Far more affordable, offers repectable noise attenuation, and has decent sound quality.

Just don't go modding them...there's really nothing that can be done to improve them without going through extreme amounts of trouble.

Another headphone that has foamies that has ungodly bass, is the Shure E2C...but those won't allow for many of the tip options the rest of the Shure line can use, as well as requires a special "wax screen" that also has to be replaced...the other Shures use a special wax removal tool to clean the earphone tubes.

One reccomendation: when asking for gear reccomendations, price points really help us. I've never heard of the sonic future E3, so I have no idea what's comparable to it. That's part of why I mentioned the Sony EX-71...You can get them for under $50 US.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Look no further than the Shure E2c's. ($99) They are worth it. It comes with foam and rubber tips in assorted sizes so you can tailor the fit to your ear. I highly recommend them. You've got a decent media player that someone dropped some change on, don't stick with the cheap headphones that come with it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis