Eames Chair, Headphones, and some Crowson Actuators

K

KiterSuperFly

Junior Audioholic
This is just a thought experiment at this point, but I am thinking it could be pretty awesome to add some Crowson Actuators under a listening chair with headphones. I suspect (but don’t know) timing would not be an issue. If it were, what would be the process to phase align the headphones to the actuators (as they send signal to ass through chair structure)?
Anybody tried this? Any thoughts?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
This is just a thought experiment at this point, but I am thinking it could be pretty awesome to add some Crowson Actuators under a listening chair with headphones. I suspect (but don’t know) timing would not be an issue. If it were, what would be the process to phase align the headphones to the actuators (as they send signal to ass through chair structure)?
Than as Flanders and Swan said At the Drop of a Hat: - "You've got flutter on your bottom".

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This might be an interesting experiment, but the barrier to entry may be considered fairly high. I would think the phase adjustment on whatever you powered the crowsons with would be sufficient. I would expect too much phase adjustment to be necessary but I just don’t know. My other thought is that it might be annoying considering how different it is listening to headphones vs in room speakers. I have a hover couch and in my mind there would be an odd disconnect in using headphones with the couch. Interesting indeed…

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis