Dyson Noise Cancelling Air Purifying Headphones - Are They Serious?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The Dyson Zone is the first audio product from the British company best known for its high-performance vacuum cleaners. The result of a 6-year R&D effort, the Dyson Zone is a noise-cancelling headphone that delivers a fresh supply of purified air to the wearer’s nose and mouth. Designed to combat the ill effects of both air pollution and noise pollution, the Zone was in the works long before airborne viruses became a daily concern for people across the globe.

Could this be the ultimate audiophile headphone solution that will allow Bane to take off his mask?

dyson.jpg

Read: Dyson's Bizarre Noise Cancelling Air Purifying Headphones

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
The Dyson Zone is the first audio product from the British company best known for its high-performance vacuum cleaners. The result of a 6-year R&D effort, the Dyson Zone is a noise-cancelling headphone that delivers a fresh supply of purified air to the wearer’s nose and mouth. Designed to combat the ill effects of both air pollution and noise pollution, the Zone was in the works long before airborne viruses became a daily concern for people across the globe.

Could this be the ultimate audiophile headphone solution that will allow Bane to take off his mask?

View attachment 58485

Read: Dyson's Bizarre Noise Cancelling Air Purifying Headphones
Anyone wandering about wearing one of those will advertise themselves as a complete twot!

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Looks like they could be from some 80's scifi film. Quite utopistic concept, but maybe Dyson has a crystal ball which have shown them the future. I doubt they will succeed selling many of those as those look and sound so absurd.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Uh, really? Then again hard to look cool wearing small speakers stuck on top of or in your ears. If I had to travel for business it might appeal, tho :)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I had to check the calendar on this one...no it's not April 1st..

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not sure, but your question made think about Tom Hardy movies, which made me think about Venom 4K Blu Rays, which led to an amazon search, which led to a purchase of Venom: Let There be Carnage.

In other words, this was a useful product review, at least for me!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
If they add amber vision goggles and a urinary leg bag, I’m all over it.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Just think of how much better sound waves will sound with clean, purified air. They may be dandy headqphones. I won't find out because air purification claims turn me off. I graduated from high end audio many years ago.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Is it April already? lmfao. I think they missed the peak Covid era by a mile. MAN, I was just at the mall this weekend and they have a storefront there. I wish I had seen this because I would have gone in just to laugh at it.

T

The Writer

Audiophyte
I think people are thinking about this product the wrong way. I never thought about using it as a high end headphone with the added advantage of clean air. No. I thought immediately of people with asthma or those working in labs or construction. So while this may not appeal to high end audiophiles, it may well have more 'industrial' uses. Just my $0.02.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Hopefully it's too expensive to become a trend. That's like one step away from a space helmet. But give the lennials and Z'ers a chance to be weird, and they will run with it.

I think it should come with the sound of Darth Vader breathing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis