D

Dave De

Audioholic Intern
Does anybody have any info on this tuner? Are they worth anything? I guess it is just an am/fm tuner

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think it's worth about $100 on eBay for people who are into vintage AM/FM Radio Tuners. :D

Most of us have no use for AM/FM Tuners these days.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
In its day Dynaco was created by David Hafler, they built some awesome vintage components, mainly available as kits to assemble. For the tuners they made the models AF6(AM & FM) and FM1/3/5(FM only). @ my dad's hifi store he sold alot of Dynaco kits as well as Paco, Eico and Heath. Note that the FM section was highly rated for its excellent quieting slope in its day. The early models were tube and later replace with transistorized versions. Also the Dynaco Stereo 70 tube power amplifier was well rated, and today draws pretty good $. Alot of info such as parts, service manuals, are available, just google the model #.

Just my $0.02... ;)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Does anybody have any info on this tuner? Are they worth anything? I guess it is just an am/fm tuner
The FM 5 and AF-6 were excellent tuners.

Traditional over air radio is dying. There is more and more streaming. If it were not for cars it would be long gone.

However the older generation like radio, and a lot have not mastered streaming yet.

If you unit is cosmetically perfect it might make quite a bit over the $100.00 mark. New tuners are hard to come by, and only very expensive ones are any good.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Traditional over air radio is dying. There is more and more streaming. If it were not for cars it would be long gone.
As well it should, since it's about 80% advertising and they can't seem to break that repetitive, top 40 replay model in which to sell it, to those who's mental/emotional capacity thrives on such information.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
As well it should, since it's about 80% advertising and they can't seem to break that repetitive, top 40 replay model in which to sell it, to those who's mental/emotional capacity thrives on such information.
I have never listened to commercial radio, only Public Radio which does not have commercials.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
The FM 5 and AF-6 were excellent tuners.

However the older generation like radio, and a lot have not mastered streaming yet.

If you unit is cosmetically perfect it might make quite a bit over the $100.00 mark. New tuners are hard to come by, and only very expensive ones are any good.
For the most part the higher end analog tuners were better than the later digital synthesized ones. The digital synthesized tuners had awesome features like presets and scan/seek but the higher end analog tuners had better front ends & if stages. Usually much better quieting slope and selectivity specs..
IMHO..
The best brands were Pioneer & Kenwood, I lean more toward the Kenwood models as their engineers were well qualified for RF designs as they designed/built alot of communications gear..

Just my $0.02... ;)

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
I think it's worth about $100 on eBay for people who are into vintage AM/FM Radio Tuners. :D

Most of us have no use for AM/FM Tuners these days.
Apparently many people have missed the latest Audio Today 2018 Nielsen Survey on How America Listens...
Here are some of its highlights:
  • Each week, more Americans tune into AM/FM radio (93%) than watch television, or use smartphones, tablets or computers
  • 270 million Americans aged 6+ listen to radio each week
  • That is about 82%, of everyone in the USA, population 324 million people

More details available http://www.nielsen.com

Just my $0.02... ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Apparently many people have missed the latest Audio Today 2018 Nielsen Survey on How America Listens...
Here are some of its highlights:
  • Each week, more Americans tune into AM/FM radio (93%) than watch television, or use smartphones, tablets or computers
  • 270 million Americans aged 6+ listen to radio each week
  • That is about 82%, of everyone in the USA, population 324 million people

More details available http://www.nielsen.com

Just my $0.02... ;)
It appears that I am not in tune with the world. :eek: :D

But is this radio in the car or radio at home?

I listen to the radio in the car. But when I am home, I don’t listen to the radio.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
It appears that I am not in tune with the world. :eek: :D

But is this radio in the car or radio at home?

I listen to the radio in the car. But when I am home, I don’t listen to the radio.
Nielsen states the radio could be home, auto or personal...
Download the survey, very interesting especially for the various age groups, data about podcasts.

Just my $0.02.. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis