T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Picked up a Platinum Series box set of Lord of the Rings from a thrift store, all disks are in perfect condition but the movie is out of focus and blurred. It’s not real bad but enough to make it unwatchable. Faces come into focus center screen but if one person steps back even a few feet they go out of focus. I’ve watched the movie several times and never experienced this, it’s very weird.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Perhaps its bootlegged? I have the dvds too, tho not the Platinum Series, I have the Special Extended box set.... but nothing unusual about the quality of the dvd IMO.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Maybe it has something to do with upscaling? I'd turn that off and see if it makes a difference.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yep, if that is the only disc set with such issues, first is bootleg copy if the disc is otherwise unscratched to hell. Upscaling should not be an issue if it is a DVD and not a BD. No wonder it was in the thrift store. ;)

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Everything on the desk looks legit, it’s the best bootleg in the history of bootlegs if it is one. I looked at reviews on Amazon and it seems there were a lot of bad discs made but those all seem to be audio not lining up with video or no audio at all. Oh well, I’m only out 10 bucks.

what is a little weird is it’s letterbox format but there’s no description of resolution.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Is it a double-sided disc? Those could be a problem.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis