Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Is Columbia House the only mail order DVD club available?

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
In answer to my own question, No. I cannot find any other DVD clubs other than Columbia House (I don't really count the Disney one).

Why is that? There are several CD clubs but only the one DVD club.

Weird.

C

cold~baby_24

Audiophyte
so sad

Dont feal bad sugar I know what you mean I cant find one to save my soul

Last edited by a moderator:
mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Why would you want to join a "club" with the prices of DVDs getting lower and lower, you can just buy them.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just got rid of Columbia House, and I won't be going back. Their prices suck, I can usually find stuff cheaper LOCALY (release day discounted prices at some stores) and definitely online almost everything can be found for less. The "reward" system they have is crap. It is relatively restricted and it takes a long time to actually build up a useful amount. Until you reach the point that you get the cheap shipping, they kill you on shipping too, making the movies actually cost more.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
mpompey said:
Why would you want to join a "club" with the prices of DVDs getting lower and lower, you can just buy them.
For the simple reason that a club traditionally offered more competitive prices and had special 2-for-1 or "all selections 50% off" sales that you can't get at Best Buy.

Unfortunately that isn't true of Columbia House and that's why I asked if there is anything else out there.

a/v moron

a/v moron

Junior Audioholic
I have to disagree about Columbia House. I average right at $6.00 per DVD from them. You can have 2 accounts at one time, and with the special codes out there you only to buy 2 DVD's at full price. I do this over and over, and have started to build a respectable collection. It is not a good deal for new releases, but for titles a couple of months and older, you can't beat it (IMO).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
New releases are my main concern, so it doesn't work for me. I also have been unable to find certain specialized titles that I want (Japanese animation selection is quite limited). They DO have good deals on certain things, but that is mostly with older titles, which I've most likely already purchased if I really wanted them. A number of their special deals only apply to specific titles, which I didn't like, because I had a hard time finding enough movies that I wanted from their selection. To me, you STILL have to shop or wait for deals with them, so it didn't really seem to gain me anything.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
The answer to your question is:

Netflix. Why spend money on buying when you can rent anything you want? :confused: Just buy the ones you really want to own and rent the rest. It's like having your own private library of every movie on DVD.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis