DVD-A / SACD Support

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
As long as you have a 5.1 analog output on the DVD player you will be fine (means you need 6 analog cables though). I just got a 3805 and Pioneer 588A-S and hooked it up through the multichannel hook-ups and it sounds great. The cable will go into the 3805 in the jacks just to the right of the Denon Link. To listen to DVD-A or SACD just push the Ext. In button under the front door.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
You will only be able to play DVD-A because that DVD player doesn't support SACD. That is one sexy looking unit though. Only Denons top model DVD players let you use that denon link to get DVD audio, but you can still get it the same way the rest of us do. You need six 75 Ohm rca cables of decent quality, nothing too fancy. Bluejeans sells a dedicated group of wires for this purpose. It costs about $60US for 2ft, which is a little out of my range. I use 6 composite video cables that I picked up very cheap and they work just as well as the more expesive options. You need to run those 6 cables from the 5.1 audio outs at the back of the DVD player. Label all wires at both ends to keep it easy. There should be one cable for each speaker and a subwoofer. Run those cables into the muli-channel in on back of your Denon, make sure each cable goes to the appropriate input. For example front left speaker goes to front left. sub to sub, etc. Once this is done you can listen to dvd audio through your dvd player and receiver by playing the DVD-Audio disc and selecting multi-channel input (ext-in). Another thing you can do is try out that DVD players 5.1 decoding to see how it stacks up tho the Denon's for movies since your DVD player can do that too. I'll bet the Denon is better but who knows? Again, that is one hot looking DVD player. Good luck.

S

s2pdname

Junior Audioholic
Calgary28 said:
Will I be able to play SACD or just DVD-A?

From your player's specs, it does not look like it supports SACD. So, you can play hybrid SACD's, just not the hi-rez portion.

You're gonna love the hi-rez DVD-A's.

Best of luck!

C

Calgary28

Enthusiast
Thanks all, I'm having everything installed on Thursday, so i will let you know how it works out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis