O

OnMedic

Audiophyte
Hello all

Does all SACD and DVD-A have to run through the analog cables, or are their DVD players available that will allow it to pass via Optical or Coax cable? My receiver is DD-EX and DTS-ES etc... but doesn't have 5 channel input.

Thanks!
:D

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
You'd be able to play the NON hi-res versions from some SACD hybrid disks and DVD-A disks over coax/optical i/o. The only single cable connections I'm aware of are firewire (ala Pioneer Elite) and Denon link (propriatary) for DVD-A. Not much point on buying these disks for your application if you can't play them at their higher resolutions which would require the analog inputs.

Mort

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Not all SACD's are multi channel.

Mort Corey said:
You'd be able to play the NON hi-res versions from some SACD hybrid disks and DVD-A disks over coax/optical i/o. The only single cable connections I'm aware of are firewire (ala Pioneer Elite) and Denon link (propriatary) for DVD-A. Not much point on buying these disks for your application if you can't play them at their higher resolutions which would require the analog inputs.

Mort
MAny two channel SACD' are out there should he choose to avail himself of these. These can be passed via oa pair of standard audio interconnects to any high level analog input on the amp/receiver.

Wether he finds an audiable difference/improvement over a well recorded redbook CD or not is another matter.

T

tedmjr2

Junior Audioholic
Currently, Onkyo's DVD player model DV-SP1000 has digital output capability but it's almost $2k!

Denon's higher-end DVD players have their proprietary digital connections (DVD-A only) to their higher-end receivers.

If you can wait until Jan/Feb 2005, Yamaha's DVD-S2500 (street pricing ~ $699) will have the capability to use two digital audio outputs (i.LINK) for DVD-A and SACDs. http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/DVD_CD/DVDS2500.htm

Last edited:
K

keenan

Junior Audioholic
tedmjr2 said:
Denon's higher-end DVD players have their proprietary digital connections (DVD-A only) to their higher-end receivers.
Denon's 3910 (MSRP $1299) has IEEE1394, HDMI and Denon Link.

Denon's 2910 (MSRP $679) has HDMI.

IEEE 1394 is capable of carriage of ALL digital formats. HDMI currently all formats with the exception of MCh DVD-A and all SACD. Denon Link all formats with the exception of SA-CD.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis