Dune HD Real Vision 4K Unboxing

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
I hope I'm not wearing out my welcome by posting videos like this so often. If I had more subscribers I wouldn't have the need but I am trying to grow the channel.

I tested some Dolby Vision content on this streamer and it worked. However, still not getting DSD playback like the Onkyo, DSD and high res audio formats are literally printed on the datasheets/marketing material. I have a follow-up video coming eventually showing the setup, menus and play back of some content. I'm open to suggestions before it's published.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I didn't even realize DuneHD was still in business. I was somewhat happy with their products for a number of years, but when I switched to Plex I wondered why Dune was so far behind the game in comparison. Not sure how their new products stack up in the grand scheme of things, but considering the incredible portability of Plex, I can't imagine going back to DuneHD ever again without a very compelling reason to do so. Their software glitches seem to be just a part of what their company is.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
I bought this device in the off chance it was more versatile in playing high res audio plus it fully supports Dolby Vision rips. No projector supports Dolby Vision yet so the base of Home Theater owners could care less about that, as I don't either. But it is a noteworthy advancement. I don't think Plex will do that. I've been using PLEX on the Shield Pro for some time and am happy with it but I wish I could load up an SACD ISO file, and UHD rip ISO with menus and extras, access my DSD and High Res FLAC collection or even play a MVC 3D MKV rip and PLEX will do none of those things. As of yet, no media streamer does everything.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well, the specs do say it runs Android 9 along side Linux (which is interesting) so it can run Android apps. Plex should work just fine.

DSD is a pain no matter the device. At least that's what I've learned over the years just getting it to work from my PC. Weirdly enough the easiest device to set up DSD playback was my Pixel phone. Wasn't expecting that, but this device does look very interesting.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I tried to watch one of your videos you posted, turned it off pretty quick but then many many videos I do the same with :) I cant imagine wanting to watch an "unboxing" video of any kind....but prefer posts to be discussions rather than something to watch....I usually have youtube on the tv when using the forum on my laptop too :) Good luck with your youtubing, tho....

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
I tried to watch one of your videos you posted, turned it off pretty quick but then many many videos I do the same with :) I cant imagine wanting to watch an "unboxing" video of any kind....but prefer posts to be discussions rather than something to watch....I usually have youtube on the tv when using the forum on my laptop too :) Good luck with your youtubing, tho....
I hate unboxing videos too but people are watching them and they are meant to lead into the setup and review videos that take longer to put together. It's a signal that if I have a hardware unboxing there will be more to come on that item. I gave away the entire set of digital codes in the Star Trek unboxing but no one even knows or gives a crap. I almost didn't finish reading your response so lucky you.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I hate unboxing videos too but people are watching them and they are meant to lead into the setup and review videos that take longer to put together. It's a signal that if I have a hardware unboxing there will be more to come on that item. I gave away the entire set of digital codes in the Star Trek unboxing but no one even knows or gives a crap. I almost didn't finish reading your response so lucky you.
I'm in the same boat as @lovinthehd in that I'm usually at my PC doing something (work) and I can't watch a video. I can read though and I'm digging this box so for us lazy word reading people you could make BOTH!!!

I kid, but I do like youtube channels like yours when I'm not at my computer. :)

You should put some in the write your own review section.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis