j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
A lot of great TrueHD 7.1 and DTS-HD MA 7.1 non-ATMOS movies give us the same thing - immersive/enveloping you-are-there atmospheric surround sound. They can put dialogue and sound discretely in all 5 speakers (in 5.1).

So if aircrafts fly or hover directly above you and they don't make any sound from your overhead speakers, then I can't say that's "ATMOS". I can say it's an awesome TrueHD 7.1 soundtrack.

In contrast, in "Civil War" you can hear aircrafts from your overhead speakers very prominently pan from Front to Back, Left to Right, etc.
Conjuring 2 in Atmos. That has some of the most incredible overhead movement effects ever. Even with my 20' vaulted ceiling, it feels like something is crawling in the crawlspace right above.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Conjuring 2 in Atmos. That has some of the most incredible overhead movement effects ever. Even with my 20' vaulted ceiling, it feels like something is crawling in the crawlspace right above.
Too bad I can’t watch that movie since I am scared of horror movies like that. :D

But I saw Pet Semetary 2019 and it also has a similar scene where scary footsteps were walking around from one ceiling speaker to the next. Extremely realistic like there was someone really walking or crawling around upstairs.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Too bad I can’t watch that movie since I am scared of horror movies like that. :D

But I saw Pet Semetary 2019 and it also has a similar scene where scary footsteps were walking around from one ceiling speaker to the next. Extremely realistic like there was someone really walking or crawling around upstairs.
Yes, Conjuring 2 is just like that, only it moves across the room and down. Unnerving. I saw this in the THEATER in Atmos and it was like that LMAO!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched this last night on BluRay.. This is easily a reference quality bluray for showing off one's system.

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic

Same here, after watching TWD 1st season I'd leave a night light on, sometimes a lamp. Started carrying one of those big Rambo knives around with me just incase. :D

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Pet cemetery was possibly Kings most frightening story. He even said so himself. Another great King book he coauthored with Peter Straub was Ghost Story. The book was way better than the movie. (Which wasn't all that bad.)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis