Dual SVS SB 13 Ultras or Dual Powersound Audio XS30's????????

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I most certainly am...the F15hp was very high on my wish list for some time. Even back when you were considering buying my Funk sub.

Of course...I eventually sold it and I decided on the PSA XS30. Having another sub like the SB13u on hand....has being great. I do give the overall SQ edge to the 13u....I've really enjoyed the XS30 and the effects of having both subs in room for movies has been awesome.

Music listening sessions....though...had varied results and why the edge to the 13U. In general they both fared very well with a wide variety of music. The SB13 though just seemed to have this uncanny ability to reproduce certain notes more accurately with no-overhang.

Unless, Jim's analysis puts the E15 head and shoulder above the SB13U(which I doubt...btw) this will leave me in a good place with my purchase. Knowing I've had a benchmark sub on hand for comparison for several months...tells me all I need to know about my purchase and why I'm a bit curious.

Bill...:)

Hah...wouldn't you know it...I just received an email from the sb13u owner (PBC)...I'll be returning his sub on Monday....its going to be a sad day. I might need to make it a movie extravaganza this one last weekend...:D.
Thor2 or any of the Underworld movies should be able to losen your bowels a little with those two bad boys in your room. :p

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Thor2 or any of the Underworld movies should be able to losen your bowels a little with those two bad boys in your room. :p
Okay...I pick-up Thor 2 BRD @ Costco today...I have the Underworld Trilogy on BRD...I know Rise of the Luycan's comes to mind...:D Another one on my list for this weekend will be Oblivion....received it during the holidays but I never got around to viewing it...in it's entirety. I heard its pretty good....though...:cool:.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay...I pick-up Thor 2 BRD @ Costco today...I have the Underworld Trilogy on BRD...I know Rise of the Luycan's comes to mind...:D Another one on my list for this weekend will be Oblivion....received it during the holidays but I never got around to viewing it...in it's entirety. I heard its pretty good....though...:cool:.
You'll be walking funny for days afterwards.:D

M

MosesMalone

Enthusiast
I most certainly am...the F15hp was very high on my wish list for some time. Even back when you were considering buying my Funk sub.

Of course...I eventually sold it and I decided on the PSA XS30. Having another sub like the SB13u on hand....has being great. I do give the overall SQ edge to the 13u....I've really enjoyed the XS30 and the effects of having both subs in room for movies has been awesome.
Which Funk sub did you own and why did you end up selling it? I'm also interested in finding the best sub for music and I always figured Funk's top-of-the-line offerings were considered the highest tier in terms of sound quality & output (outside of DIY.)

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Which Funk sub did you own and why did you end up selling it? I'm also interested in finding the best sub for music and I always figured Funk's top-of-the-line offerings were considered the highest tier in terms of sound quality & output (outside of DIY.)
I was a custom model he build for me using the Acoustic Elegance av 12x. I sold it... because I wanted a bit more sub overall and I was very intrigued by dual opposed designs after hearing them first hand. If I could have come up with the necessary funds to by the 18.0... I would've but even bypassing all the added import costs it was still outta my budget ~3500.00+ cdn.

I will persevere and one day... I'll own another one of Nate designs but for now I'll just continue to enjoy my XS30.

If you're looking for a musical subs also consider one of Rythmik designs like the E15, F15 or the Svs SB13u. All would appear to be very impressive subs...:)

Here is the link that was referred to earlier in this thread regarding a pending review.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1471574/rythmik-e15-vs-svs-sb13-ultra/90#post_24544440

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The review is no longer pending... :p
Great review. I knew it was going to be a very close race between these two monoliths. Sneaky a good description because that's exactly how it is for me with my LV-12R. I wonder if that is the effect of the servo

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm not surprised by the outcome of your review. I think Rythmik as a whole doesn't get the recognition it deserves around these parts. They are very under rated for some unknown reason.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
I'm not surprised by the outcome of your review. I think Rythmik as a whole doesn't get the recognition it deserves around these parts. They are very under rated for some unknown reason.
I tend to agree. It seems in the ID space they're almost an also-ran, which is a shame.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis