ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Let me start off by saying "I AM SPARTAN" so I do what I please.:D

This next part is admitting that I am a prick. I had already worked out a deal to sell the sub and I backed out of the deal. The wife bought the Servo as a gift to me and she has been really upset that I was selling it. After going back and forth for a couple of hours on Sat night, I could tell that it really meant something to her that I keep this thing. Heck, I have been talked into far worse things....right....

I do feel like a jerk for backing out of the deal but at the end of the day, I would rather someone I don't know be mad at me vs. the wife! Sorry for backing out "V"!:eek:

That being said, I have to work with what I have so that is what I am doing. I know two identical subs would work best. I also know that I have to tune to the weaker sub so I will just deal with that. I will end up moving one sub to the back and keeping one up front but she let me stack them for now. I haven't spent any time calibrating this set up yet besides a quick level. I will go ahead and get a SMS in a month or so to try and get that seamless sound.

As of now, I've just listened to part of one song and then watched a girl movie that had very little low end so I don't know what to expect but I have a feeling my 8,000 cubic ft room may like this.:D

Matt34

Matt34

If you have to keep the Servo just leave it unplugged, it's dragging down your Dawg Crusher or whatever the hell Andrew calls it.:p

Matt34

Matt34

Brilliant idea! :D

That's his name for it. I call it the sub I wish I owned :eek:.
You should PM the price you can get that sub for.;) I just refuse to pay what PE is asking for it atm after I saw the sale prices they had on them last month.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I think now is another one of those times you should kindly ask for your kahones back.... Tell her you'll buy her jewelry with the money...

Hey at least you should put the servo under that other sub so you can then rename it to UNDERDAWG !!!!!! :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Any tips on tuning this thing with what I have or is it just impossible until I get a box to control the subs? Right now I just ch. leveled one sub at a time and then turned down the AVR level to get it back to 75db as it was plus 4 hot when I turned both on.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
It is pretty obvious at this point that I will NOT be getting my balls back.....
I think now is another one of those times you should kindly ask for your kahones back.... Tell her you'll buy her jewelry with the money...

Hey at least you should put the servo under that other sub so you can then rename it to UNDERDAWG !!!!!! :D

T

The Viking

Audioholic
Hopefully I'll no longer be referred to as The Vicking...:D

Enjoy the dual subs and no hard feelings! Good luck with the balls...:eek:

Jason

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
Here's an idea... If you have to keep both. Set them both up individually. When you are watching a "girly" movie or listening to something a little less demanding use the lesser sub, wow that sounds sad talking about a Servo like that:cool:. And then you could turn up the Dawg Crusher for the movies you really want to get down and dirty with:D. That way you wont be "dumbing" down the new sub. ;)

R

riverwalk

Audiophyte
Would it sound better if you put one of the on the other side of the room? I would think that it would help add to the bass in surround sound when a noise is behind you.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
This is so wrong.

Use the Servo in another room, on a 'secondary' system. It's not even comparable to the AXIS unit - for shame. :D

Get your 2nd Dawg Crusher built and pair it with the original for true ultimate quality subwoofer experience.

-Chris

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
As wrong as it may be, I have more bass than ever before. Sounds pretty darn good right now with minimal tuning.
This is so wrong.

Use the Servo in another room, on a 'secondary' system. It's not even comparable to the AXIS unit - for shame. :D

Get your 2nd Dawg Crusher built and pair it with the original for true ultimate quality subwoofer experience.

-Chris

A

audion3wb

Junior Audioholic
I agree with WmAx on putting the servo in another room.

That or you could DIY a fake non-functioning Servo and sell the real one :D

T

The Viking

Audioholic
That or you could DIY a fake non-functioning Servo and sell the real one :D
Yeah, just be sure to ship me the real one! :D

I agree with the second system idea, too. That would seem to be a good solution.

Jason

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
use it in another room! that's like driving a ferrari with a trailer in tow

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
use it in another room! that's like driving a ferrari with a trailer in tow
"Going into the turn it was great...coming out was the problem!":D

Dawg,

Sounds like you need to start researching receivers and speakers and sources for another room.:eek:

Just here to help,:p
SBF1

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I'm not too sure, but I think the Servo has a chance at pressurizing your bar. I am pretty sure the Axis has that room covered, but just in case...

Why not put it in there?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis