Dual subs or different sub placement?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
I put a single sub 1500 in the front right corner of my 12x11 bedroom. The seating is against the rear wall (the bed) and due to the fact the room is basically square, I have a 12dB 6dB/octave shelf starting at 50hz at the mlp. With Audyssey multeq xt, I can achieve a reasonably flat response on the rear half of the room, and front half, but the problem is along the front half of the room, the entire level of the sub is about 6dB lower due to the lack of gain from the rear wall.

I’m assuming placing a second sub 1500 in the rear left corner would solve this problem, but if I could save the space and money, I’d like to. I don’t need perfect bass around the entire room, but I’d like to at least have decent bass in the front half. Is there a placement solution that might work?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Don't know about your advance calculation working out the way you think but I think you have a better chance with dual subs :). I assume you have limited positioning/seating choices in any case, and that you've already picked the best position availalble for the first sub....but how close is your head to the wall with your current "seat"?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis