Dual SB3000 vs 1 PB1000

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
Here is dual svs sb3000 in my room, which is 28’ long by 17’ wide and 9’ tall. Also opens up to other rooms as well like a kitchen and great room. I did a list of the subs I had all at that time. Was dual Rythmik fv18pc, dual monolith 15, dual svs sb3000 and the last one says Logan which is my sons room that he wanted to see how his compares. His room is dual energy exl12 ported subs, nicer 20 years ago.

One sb3000 in your room should have way more output than a pb1000. Maybe it could be close from 15-30 hz but I’d be surprised. Try running audyssey again, and also try running rew if you can. Time align your subs correctly and don’t rely on audyssey. I’ve run audyssey and then run rew to see 100-105db flat output. I was very disappointed until I ran rew and started playing with distance and unlocked around 10db more of output.

Attachments

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Well, I think I finally figured out my problem. Just completely spaced out on converting the polarity on one sub. Going to rerun odyssey tonight, I’m guessing it’s going to be night and day

W

wutdarut

Audioholic Intern
Well, I think I finally figured out my problem. Just completely spaced out on converting the polarity on one sub. Going to rerun odyssey tonight, I’m guessing it’s going to be night and day
How did everything sound after you reran audssey?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
There's no scenario where two sb3000 don't out perform a single pb1000 in every aspect. Even the pro can't keep up with them(one) over it's frequency response.

Matt34

Matt34

Thanks for the easy transaction, never know what you’re going to get on FB marketplace!

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Also stoopid blanket statement. Ported subs of the same level have more output below about 35hz. Not more “boom” unless they’re crap subs or not integrated very well.
“Sealed is tighter” is just ignorant. We’re so far past that. Unless we’re buying Klipsch Costco subs…and even they’re getting better.
Didn’t you see the smiling emoji at the end up the statement (smh)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
View attachment 61210

Are you an elephant, a human, or a bat? Again, what percentage of music or movies contains infrasonic content, to your knowledge or opinion?
I can’t even guess a percentage. But a couple things. I would much rather have the capability to play that type of content than not. Not everyone cares about that either, but when someone is making a big change to their system wrt bass, imo it seems silly not to be as capable as you can. Nothing is worse than buyers remorse. I’ve had/have systems that were much less capable than my main system. I’m lucky to have more than one system. So imo, if you’re only going to have one system, you should get everything out of it that you can. To me, that’s large powerful ported subwoofers. And don’t give me the sealed is tighter for music crap either. The only reason to use sealed is if your room is small.
So I don’t know why the percentage of films that carry infrasonics is. But here’s a thread that shows bass in films from the last few years. There are charts to illustrate it too.

Please. Take some time to read it. I think you’ll be surprised.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
So apparently testing out my system at near reference volume playing TOOL gets the neighbors attention, something about they like their pictures still on the walls.

:p

Campbell

Campbell

Enthusiast
Dual subwoofers (like the SB3000) can provide some major advantages, such as more even bass distribution throughout the room, better sound quality and reduced distortion due to their two-driver configuration. This makes them an ideal choice for larger rooms and more challenging audio setups.

On the other hand, a single PB1000 can still provide plenty of powerful bass for typical home theater setups – typically at a lower cost than two SB3000's. Additionally, it's important to point out that the PB1000 has a larger driver that can produce deeper bass tones than its counterpart.

At the end of the day, deciding between these two options ultimately depends on your desired outcome and budget constraints. It's essential to consider the specific characteristics of your room and audio setup before making a decision that best suits your needs.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Dual subwoofers (like the SB3000) can provide some major advantages, such as more even bass distribution throughout the room, better sound quality and reduced distortion due to their two-driver configuration. This makes them an ideal choice for larger rooms and more challenging audio setups.

On the other hand, a single PB1000 can still provide plenty of powerful bass for typical home theater setups – typically at a lower cost than two SB3000's. Additionally, it's important to point out that the PB1000 has a larger driver that can produce deeper bass tones than its counterpart.

At the end of the day, deciding between these two options ultimately depends on your desired outcome and budget constraints. It's essential to consider the specific characteristics of your room and audio setup before making a decision that best suits your needs.
1) He already bought them.

2) The PB1000 has a 12" driver and 325W RMS. SB3000 has a 13" driver and 800W RMS. I think you are thinking about the Micro 3000.

Last edited:
A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
1) He already bought them.

2) The PB1000 has a 12" driver and 325W RMS. SB3000 has a 13" driver and 800W RMS. I think you are thinking about the Micro 3000.
Micro is also 800w but 2x 8" and it's f3 chart at the low end around 23hz does not look like -3db. Still a good small sub for those who do not have much space

W

wutdarut

Audioholic Intern
Micro is also 800w but 2x 8" and it's f3 chart at the low end around 23hz does not look like -3db. Still a good small sub for those who do not have much space
I’m actually building out my official home theatre room as we speak. The new room will be smaller and an easy rectangle shape. With drywall installed it should be around 13’8”x23’.

I’ll see how the SB3000s perform in their otherwise…I’m really really interested in the PSA TV2112. But that might explode my chest cavity in that size room.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The wattage citation means little. You do need more power generally for a sealed design, tho.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis