Dual PB 2000 Pros have arrived!

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
They are here, and to quote my wife...they are big. She like them with the grill off. in less than an hour They were Unboxed, isolation feet installed.
App down loaded. Current placement front corner. I used The app to set everything best I could. Fired them up.....loud, boomy, I immediately started turning stuff down!
i am going to run Audyssey tonight maybe sub crawl tomorrow.
anyone have any tips on settings with the eq, or ports please chime in. My goal is articulate base. Music first movies second.
Thanks! You all have guided me to a system that I can be happy with for years.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Corner placement means you're getting a lot of reinforcement, which would account for the boom. If the room is rectangular and enclosed, corner placement will exacerbate room modes as well.

M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
Make sure that BEFORE running audyssey you’ve changed all the SVS app settings you may have changed back to their defaults (a mistake I made).

Sub crawl for the best sounding locations, then Audyssey, that will get you pretty close to where you want to be. I’d say tweak the PEQ settings on the SVS app only if you’re basing it on running REW to see where Any strong modes may be causing problems. If not, try one tweak at a time to see what the effect is.

most importantly take your time and experiment. Enjoy the process, the end result is always worth it. You’ve got two great subs! Congrats!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Likely the old audyssey settings for the pb1k are messin things up.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
WOW....ran Audyssey last night. Set the volume on the subs at -23 and -22 on the app. I increased the bass setting on the Denon from -9 to -7.

This is big boy bass.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think I remember when you first got here you were kind of resistant to some of the conventional wisdom on this forum. Lookit you now, with big boy subs and getting them all dialed in! Congrats man. I'm even a little jelly. You have some real nice, legit subwoofage now!

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I just ran Audyssey with the app...uhh...sounds great. How do I interpret the data and adjust?D337F917-4229-4DE4-8736-BBEE52B50799.png7E6AF9CF-7F5D-4B1B-8DEE-365B5FE3203C.png990FEA82-C4F2-4C08-A640-8DC2BE1E11D0.png

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Better yet, is there way way I can load the file here? I notice a drop on every graph at the 2k line. I am guessing I want to eliminate that dip?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just TURN OFF Mid Range Compensation. It's one of the options in the Audyssey App. :)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
It really sounds like I purchased new everything. If it is possible for this to sound better, I am afraid to try it.
2 590’s, 2 PB 2000 pros stereo mode. SMH

Last edited:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
So the question remains - are you going to give the new subwoofers a little Port Plugging tonight? :)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Like Ryan said, that dip is what they're calling "midrange compensation" and you can turn that off for a flat response without having to draw it in.
Great tip Ryan. Worked like a charm.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
WOW....ran Audyssey last night. Set the volume on the subs at -23 and -22 on the app. I increased the bass setting on the Denon from -9 to -7.

This is big boy bass.
Sounds like you need to turn the subs down during the beginning of the Audyssey process?

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Audyssey set the subs at -23 dB, I bumped them up to -17 for music, on the SVS app when I select movie mode it bumped them up to -10.
how does the SVS App determine that setting?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis