J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Back when I still played, we used to use it to tune a guitar. Strike two strings in such a way that they should be making the same note. If they do not match, you can hear the harmonic (or resultant?). A little adjustment one way or another until it is gone will tune those two strings to each other. As you get closer to the right tension, you can hear it slow down and then stop.
We called those "beats". I don't know how to tune for it, as I never played the stuff, but microtonal music sometimes calls for so many "cents" of tuning. I'm pretty sure they need to count for so many beats, I think, when tuning for any certain work. Resultant? Ask Pat, but I guess that sounds right to me.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
We called those "beats". I don't know how to tune for it, as I never played the stuff, but microtonal music sometimes calls for so many "cents" of tuning. I'm pretty sure they need to count for so many beats, I think, when tuning for any certain work. Resultant? Ask Pat, but I guess that sounds right to me.
Beats/waves, same thing as Jostenmeat stated. Basically, the soundwaves should perfectly line up so none are created. Microtonal music is something I've never delved into. It just sound too weird for me.

-pat

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis