M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
I have a Yamaha RX-V540.

From the Internet, I downloaded a sample Swedish recording in DTS and burned the file onto a CD-RW and played it with my DVD player.

My Yamaha receiver is limited to 48 KHz/24 bit for Cinema DSP but in DTS mode, it says that it has capability for 96 KHz/24 bit D/A converter.

That being said, what kind or what type of recordings can I play using a DVD player that does not play DVD-A or SACD? I know there are CD's in mutichannel format but are some in DTS?

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Many movies in DTS. Also, there is DTS 96/24 audio disc available. Pricey though.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

DTS online

Yes there are quite a few DTS cds available. You can find a list of them HERE.

Hope this helps,

G

gymphboi

Enthusiast
mfabien said:
I have a Yamaha RX-V540.

That being said, what kind or what type of recordings can I play using a DVD player that does not play DVD-A or SACD? I know there are CD's in mutichannel format but are some in DTS?
You can play any DVD-A you want. All DVD-A's have a Dolby Digital or DTS 5.1 mix and in many cases DD 2.0 mix as well on the disc.

-T

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
gymphboi said:
You can play any DVD-A you want. All DVD-A's have a Dolby Digital or DTS 5.1 mix and in many cases DD 2.0 mix as well on the disc.

-T
That is a good piece of information, but are you certain? :confused:

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
gymphboi said:

-T
Even if the DVD player does not specify it will allow playing DVD-A?

Would DVD-A be better than CD recorded in DTS 5.1? What is the difference if any for the listener?

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
gymphboi said:

-T
Just played Steely Dan's "Everything Must Go" and this is a new experience for me...it's like sitting in the middle of the band ! And what players they are.

But...

Although I can play with DTS 5.1 on DVD Videos and CD encoded in DTS 5.1 and eventhough DTS Bitstream is on in the DVD player, I can't use DTS surround for this DVD-A.

But DD 5.1 works like a dream.

Wonder what I am missing because I can't have DTS working? And is this a problem for this specific DVD-A or do I need to conclude that with my equipment, I need to select DD5.1 and forget DTS?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis