J

Jwheel

Audioholic
Last night I put in Gladiator DTS ES version. When I selected the DTS ES track from the audio section of the menu screen and play, I have no sound. When I select the DD 5.1 track, there is sound. Is there a good explanation for this? I don't know if it matters, but I have the audio of my DVD player hooked up to my reciever using a digital optical cable. As you can obviously tell, I'm new at all this.

Any one have experience with this? Does my audio need to be set up differently that how I have it to play DTS ES?

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
Your connection is fine if you can hear DD 5.1.

Sounds to me like another case of not having DTS enabled in you DVD players Audio Setup (note not the DVD itself, the PLAYER). Be sure to go through all you menus, and make sure you have both bitstream (not pcm) and DTS enabled. Often times the default setting is diasabled/off so you have to turn it on before it will send out a DTS signal to your receiver.

Let me know if this works for you.

J

Jwheel

Audioholic
Thank you very much for you're reply!! My DVD player has been a lot of fun lately. The real problem is the operator though! I'll let you know. Thanks again.

J

Jwheel

Audioholic
Problem Solved

Thanks for the perfect advice. I went home on the good ol' lunch break to give it a try and what do you know, I got it to play in DTS ES. Thanks again!

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
Happy to hear it. Enjoy the DTS ES experience.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis