D

David 5

Audiophyte
Does any one know how to disable the auto shut off feature on BP9080x, it is most annoying as it operates frequently at low levels of volume instead of operating at no audio. The result is a loud click / thump at regular intervals. Thanks in advance!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don’t think you can.

How are you connecting the speaker? With speaker wire + LFE for sub or only speaker wire?

D

David 5

Audiophyte
I don’t think you can.

How are you connecting the speaker? With speaker wire + LFE for sub or only speaker wire?
There is is not a separate external connection for the Sub, it is combined inside the enclosure. There is a separate external connection facility for LFE which am not using.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
There is is not a separate external connection for the Sub, it is combined inside the enclosure. There is a separate external connection facility for LFE which am not using.
Try using both the speaker wires + LFE Inputs for the tower. Set the LFE volume on your tower to 50%/half way.

In your AVR, set the speakers to Small, XO to 80Hz.

D

David 5

Audiophyte
Do you mean connect the two speaker inputs together to the amplifier at the same time?

"In your AVR, set the speakers to Small, XO to 80Hz." I don't know what AVR is!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, he's talking about speaker/sub settings in an avr he's assuming you're using (avr-audio video receiver). What do you use for pre-amp/amp?

D

David 5

Audiophyte
Thanks - I simply use Quad amplifier components which I previously used with their high end speakers. These were fine at moderate levels only.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So just how are the speakers setup now with connections to your electronic gear? You're using the powered woofer I assume? I glanced at the manual, there doesn't appear to be a user control option like always on....so seems you'd have to unplug it when using it at low volumes. I'd contact DefTec and see if they have any advice. I have read about the amps for their powered woofers having issues before, tho....

D

David 5

Audiophyte
This is a straightforward audio system, the speakers simply connect to the amplifier output via speaker cable. The speakers have a standard input option which powers the various units inside including the bass unit (via an internal amplifier) there is also an input marked 'LFE' which is to do with Dolby in some way apparently and drives two additional units at the top. I am not clear what this is and there is little mention of it in the book. However all this won’t alter the threshold level at which the bass units amplifier powers up. The 'thump' when the amplifier powers on is not too bad but if you turn the sound down a bit then after ten minutes or so the amplifier powers off with a much louder click / thump which is alarming! DT have not replied with a fix - I have written several times to them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well the speakers are not quite straightforward. LFE is the Low Frequency Effects channel (i.e. the ".1" channel). Are you sure you need them plugged in/use their amp for this particular use as you have it connected?

D

David 5

Audiophyte
The bass speaker only operates with its amplifier in circuit. The connection options are indicated on the rear panel (see pic). I have connected as shown. If I connect the main amplifier output to the alternative input (LFE) then the two units at the top of the enclosure operate but the others don’t including the bass unit. I am okay with the general performance of the speakers. I don’t know what to connect up the LFE input, but I don’t think any of this will fix the issue but could be interesting to check out if you know what to do. (I don’t!).

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis