dsl line works but not phone line...

M

marky

Junior Audioholic
i know this is off topic but my phone doesnt work andi dont know what can be causing the problem. i tried unplugging everything but still no luck. strange thing is that my dsl works. anyone knw what might have happned? thanks

Az B

Az B

Audioholic
It depends on how you recieve your DSL. You can get it on copper wire, optical cable, or like mine, ethernet right to the PC. In my case, the DSL line and phone line are completely unrelated.

I'm assuming you've tried more than one phone in more than one household jack, hopefully not cordless?

I'm thinking it's time to call the phone company.

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
Do you have the dsl filter on your phone connection? If not this might be causing the problem. My DSL connection requires one for each of my phones.

M

Mr.T

Audioholic
I have a Panasonic phone, and the same identical thing happened to me, the phone went completely dead. Wiring, power pack gave me readings of 15VDC and if I had called for service they would have charged me $ 49.95 to come to the house.

So I ended up calling Panasonic tech support which they suggested to umplug the power pack from the phone for approx. 30 min. then plug it back on, so that the phone could reset itself, and sure enough it worked.

Attachments

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis