Dream Separates System

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
yep, 40 engines at about 100 grand a pop. 400,000 grand a week for one race. But the car yep. Now just to think all that money on black tires that are changed out many time's during one race.
God, it would suck to be caught in traffic in Hotlanta in in the summer in one of those! Wonder what it would cost to add AC (or at least a fan)!
Maybe if I lived in North Dakota where there might be opportunity to let it breathe a little!:cool:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Sounds like an interesting pill!
Does it have a name?
I'd have to check the pill bottle and I haven't even done that yet cause if I Google the pill and find out it's something like they tried out on them Vietnam and other War veterans I my stop taken it. (I ran into one of my old bubbys who served 3 tours in Vietnam at a gas station the other day He love's that little pill.) < True. So now when we meet up we both know what we are talking about the each other. < joke (All I know is I haven't felt this good in years, really not joking about that.)

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
If you could own a dream separates system (1. Pre-pro + Amp, 2. Integrated Amp, 3. Preamp + Amp), what would it be (only one system) ?

That's right, no room for AVRs here. :D

For me right now, it would be the $7K McIntosh MX122 Audyssey XT32 Pre-pro and $7K McIntosh MC205 Amp.

Umm, when you do upgrade, don't forget ya ole podna. I got dibs on your other gear, I'll even ship you 10 sacks of Crawfish, and a gallon of fresh Oysters. I'll even throw in 10lbs of Crawfish Boudin and here's the clincher 5 lbs of Cracklins spiced or regular.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Does it start with a L... or C..... Give us a hint. :D
How did I miss this post, it starts with a C for the generic and I think it some ancient Mayans recipe they found.:eek: Ok, but if you guys rat me out,:mad: it's a anti-med it's suppose to help with memory.;) All I know is now I don't care about nothing which is fine with me cause before, I was a mad as hell at everyone and everthing. :mad: Now I just smile:) and wave at everyone even the Cop's and them dudes got nothing to do now..:p Last time one stop me I use to say when he was writing out the ticket, I'd go, what? that's 1 out of 3 now?:p Meaning I got away two other times. :cool:

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
All this talk of dream separates systems made me 'pre'order another Amp Camp parts kit minus the sinks/chassis. The bigger dream would have a so-called upgrade, more power perhaps or, a fancier more 'evolved' build or chassis but I do dig these little amps.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Umm, when you do upgrade, don't forget ya ole podna. I got dibs on your other gear, I'll even ship you 10 sacks of Crawfish, and a gallon of fresh Oysters. I'll even throw in 10lbs of Crawfish Boudin and here's the clincher 5 lbs of Cracklins spiced or regular.
You mean your dream system is the Denon AVP-A1HDCI and ATI amps? :D

TechHDS

Audioholic General
You mean your dream system is the Denon AVP-A1HDCI and ATI amps? :D
Umm, you got some really nice toys. I have done some research on ATI amps, Denon's flagship or Marantz for that matter flagship unit are about as good as you can get, with the exceptions of the upper echelon of audio, video gear. The units you posted up on this Thread, 30 grand short I am. ADTG, Your thread has definitely turned into a good read up on gear. As usual hijacked your thread a little bit. With respect I must say I have given much thought on AVR's with the many Creature Feature sets surround sound formats that a AVR has. My conclusion is even a flagship unit is a compromise with that said, I have learned a great deal in a short time from You and some of the other old timers on here. I hate saying this, for uncompromised sound reproduction and video separates are the way to go. Nothing wrong with AVR's there built for a purpose, affordability and Value.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Umm, you got some really nice toys. I have done some research on ATI amps, Denon's flagship or Marantz for that matter flagship unit are about as good as you can get, with the exceptions of the upper echelon of audio, video gear. The units you posted up on this Thread, 30 grand short I am. ADTG, Your thread has definitely turned into a good read up on gear. As usual hijacked your thread a little bit. With respect I must say I have given much thought on AVR's with the many Creature Feature sets surround sound formats that a AVR has. My conclusion is even a flagship unit is a compromise with that said, I have learned a great deal in a short time from You and some of the other old timers on here. I hate saying this, for uncompromised sound reproduction and video separates are the way to go. Nothing wrong with AVR's there built for a purpose, affordability and Value.
I kind of figured you were a "separates" guy. ;)

I think many of us are. :D

It's what "separates" us (pun intended) from the rest of the mass population. :D

Yeah, I have no doubt the Denon AVP-A1HD and ATI amps will sound as good as any other systems available regardless of price. But they just don't have the Dreamy aesthetics or bragging rights. :D

Here is the question, though. Some of us would choose a $30K Pre-pro or more if we were billionaires.

But I said that even if I were a billionaire, I would still get the $7,000 McIntosh MX122 Pre-pro, which is actually cheaper than my current Denon AVP-A1HDCI ($7,500).

What do you think of that? I'm crazy? :D

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I kind of figured you were a "separates" guy. ;)

I think many of us are. :D

It's what "separates" us (pun intended) from the rest of the mass population. :D

Yeah, I have no doubt the Denon AVP-A1HD and ATI amps will sound as good as any other systems available regardless of price. But they just don't have the Dreamy aesthetics or bragging rights. :D

Here is the question, though. Some of us would choose a $30K Pre-pro or more if we were billionaires.

But I said that even if I were a billionaire, I would still get the $7,000 McIntosh MX122 Pre-pro, which is actually cheaper than my current Denon AVP-A1HDCI ($7,500).

What do you think of that? I'm crazy? :D
Umm, never thought so of you, was on the fence between separates, AVR, or pre-pro. After doing my own research and reading up on specs, you guys post up yeah my comprehension level is pretty damn good. Never thought of you or any of the other's that's been on this forum for years as "crazy". Me? as you know I do jack around a lot on this forum it's something from my many years working in the gulf of mexico. If you didn't bunch of cowboys out there will slip one you.
McIntosh gear needs no showing off, the two you posted up no doubt if coin wasn't an issue on my end those two would be sitting in my audio/video rack. with a pair of 20 g legacy's. Oh by the way ADTG, I was up early checking the Forum and notice DigitalDawn was up in here, she been making lots of sales early bird gets the worm you know.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Umm, never thought so of you, was on the fence between separates, AVR, or pre-pro. After doing my own research and reading up on specs, you guys post up yeah my comprehension level is pretty damn good. Never thought of you or any of the other's that's been on this forum for years as "crazy". Me? as you know I do jack around a lot on this forum it's something from my many years working in the gulf of mexico. If you didn't bunch of cowboys out there will slip one you.
McIntosh gear needs no showing off, the two you posted up no doubt if coin wasn't an issue on my end those two would be sitting in my audio/video rack. with a pair of 20 g legacy's. Oh by the way ADTG, I was up early checking the Forum and notice DigitalDawn was up in here, she been making lots of sales early bird gets the worm you know.
So your dream system: 20G Legacy's and Macs.

DigitalDawn is a girl? I thought it was a guy? :D

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Girl? Guy? which one would You Choose? :D
You already know I like Hookers.:p. You pay them go AWAY!. I would have to throw in a PASS LAB amp or two.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Girl? Guy? which one would You Choose? :D
You already know I like Hookers.:p. You pay them go AWAY!. I would have to throw in a PASS LAB amp or two.:D
Girl, of course. :D

So 20G Legacy's, Mac Pre-pro, and Pass Amps?

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Girl, of course. :D

So 20G Legacy's, Mac Pre-pro, and Pass Amps?
ADTG, Mac, Pre-Pro, MAC two channel amp and a PASS LAB 5 channel..With a pair of Legacy's their top dogs with a SVS sub, and two of Bob Carvers monoblock tube amps, just for my TT set-up with a nice integrated pre-amp for the TT. Can't forget about my Vinly man! :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis