Down the Rabbit Hole of ClassD

R

Rbertalotto

Audiophyte
The Grey Santa delivered a package to me this morning. The latest and supposed, greatest new amplifier technology. GaN SET Class D...from www.classdaudio.com .I set it up on my electronics test bench just to be sure it works before I connect it to my LS50 Metas.....First impression, one word..."BALLS!"...This think has some serious power! I'm playing it through Sony CCS speakers, $100 a pair that all the YouTubers are going crazy over. I never heard them have so much PUNCH! Serious "Attack".......At $750, this just might be the PERFECT amplifier for hard to drive speakers......We shall see!

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It has this requirement which looks a bit odd
Power Requirements190VAC or 264VAC

ps Looking at the manual, it's 90-264 VAC.....cleanup on webpage on aisle 1!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It has this requirement which looks a bit odd
Power Requirements190VAC or 264VAC

ps Looking at the manual, it's 90-264 VAC.....cleanup on webpage on aisle 1!
I suspect the manual is correct. It has voltage regulators that allow a wide range of voltage, like your electric toothbrush, phone charger or laptop that can seamlessly move between the US and Europe and you do not have to change anything except use an AC plug adaptor.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I suspect the manual is correct. It has voltage regulators that allow a wide range of voltage, like your electric toothbrush, phone charger or laptop that can seamlessly move between the US and Europe and you do not have to change anything except use an AC plug adaptor.
It just looked odd especially after the made in US comment....

R

Rbertalotto

Audiophyte
Actually, no....It has a rotary switch on the bottom to select 110 or 220V....With a huge warning on the top that cautions about plugging it in until you have selected proper voltage....
P1050771.JPG

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis