Don't know where to ask this

D

Davidt1

Full Audioholic
Does anyone know how to disable the beep from microwave ovens? Thanks.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Check your manual?

Order in?

Try and use the toaster instead?

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Um, unplug it?
Step 1 - Take it apart and look for the little speaker inside that says "Bose"
Step 2 - Clip the wires
:D

-pat

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
Does anyone know how to disable the beep from microwave ovens? Thanks.
Every brand and model probably has a different way of doing it, if even capable at all. Get the model number and Google search for the manual and see if you can find it that way.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Do you not enjoy having your food right after it's cooked? I don't understand the logic behind disabling this.

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
sorry, i was bored ... i wanted to know what it felt like to threadcrap ala TLS

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Turn up the volume on the stereo?

If you look inside, it probably has a little piezoelectric disc transducer, which can be removed or one wire clipped.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I have honestly never met anyone in my life who considered this to be a problem... :confused::eek:

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm sorry, but I find this thread absolutely hysterical... I'm literally doubling over laughing- not at the OP but at the creative responses (Sheep, Halon).

I personally like the beep of my microwave. I find it soothing and relaxing. Sometimes I just press the buttons to hear the beep when I've had a tough day at work.

J

jamie2112

Banned
The best way to do it is to get a chainsaw. Next you will have to take the oven outside because you don't want to get metal shavings all over the house. Make a cut about 2 inches from the front side of the display. Try not to cut too deep as you will screw up your saw. After you have made a 4 inch by 4 inch hole you should be able to see the inside of the display. Go ahead and place 2oz of plastic explosives right on the back of the display( be careful as this could blow your hand off) You must get a trigger of some sort so you can be away from the oven when it blows. After you set the plastic explosive off the microwave will not beep anymore at you.. Follow these easy steps and Presto, no beeping.....let us know how you make out..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis