D

Din61

Junior Audioholic
Hi there! I'm new here... :)

I've tried so hard for years to figure out a nice stereo, was even thinking about a pair of La Scala, but I'm not that of a tycoon (not my country either), and then my idea was a diy, a weird diy, am not a builder (though my friend is), but a thinker, a weird thinker (may be), so drew a sketch (literally a sketch), look, a scoop-like for bass, a long mid compression driver horned from the same ply my enclosure will be, and likewise a short high compression driver then, all-in-one, I'm gonna make two of these as a stereo, how this sounds to you guys (I really wanna know)...??? o_O

Update:

Don't panic on crossovering this, I'm gonna put a DBX 3-way active crossover.

For t/s reference;

Low:
bcspeakers.com/en/products/lf-driver/12-0/8/12tbx100

Mid:
https://bcspeakers.com/en/products/hf-driver/2-0/8/dcm420-8

High:
https://bcspeakers.com/en/products/hf-driver/1-0/8/de360-8

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Din61

Junior Audioholic
You're going to have to dive into driver T/S parameters, driver details and box design....might look into software like this http://www.hornresp.net/
I'm not into engineering stuff (neither my friend), he build subs cloning brands like JBL/Cervin/Peavey etc, nothing beyond he knows, we're looking for someone to help us engineer this, in our country we don't have a single designer but plenty of constructors, that's actually why I'm here, Hornresp as I gotta know is near-perfect at simming horns, but we don't know how to, now we're in trouble of measuring this, everything is ready for this project by our side, any help...?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Subs are one thing, they can be very simple to make in terms of a sealed box, but can get more complex with other designs (and many of those designs are on the internet to duplicate, too, after someone has done the design/modeling. A speaker with multiple drivers and horns and crossovers complicates things quite a bit....maybe someone will volunteer to model something for you. You'll probably at least have to come up with the drivers you'd like to utilize....

D

Din61

Junior Audioholic
Subs are one thing, they can be very simple to make in terms of a sealed box, but can get more complex with other designs (and many of those designs are on the internet to duplicate, too, after someone has done the design/modeling. A speaker with multiple drivers and horns and crossovers complicates things quite a bit....maybe someone will volunteer to model something for you. You'll probably at least have to come up with the drivers you'd like to utilize....
Thanks for replying dude... :)

Agree, but I wanted something new, otherwise sealed is the simplest to build, t/s itself recommends cab volume for sealed, but I want something new, like mentioned in the post I'm looking for some innovative thing, it gets complex as you go 3-way, but forgot to say that I go for active xo, no in-cab passive xos (would be a relief on the project nah ;)).

I'd be pleased to welcome any volunteer to sim this for me... :)

Sorry, for t/s reference I missed to include the links to the drivers I'm gonna use, will update my post now, check out.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis