jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Guys, thank you to all that have helped me grow as an audioholic. I am completely done with this forum. The Jobs thread has sealed the deal for me. I really want nothing to do with someone who has such little respect for the dead especially a person such as Steve Jobs who to my knowledge has never hurt anyone. It shows very low class in my opinion. I think of you all as my friends and any of you that do not have my email or phone can get it from Alex.

Thank you all and I may talk to you again on some other audio forum.

Jeff

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Jeff,

I'm really sorry to read that, man. I hope that you reconsider. I come here for some nice chatting with friends, and I pretty much ignore the other stuff. I'm guessing that there's a back story to this, but hopefully you two can get past it. It's good to have you here.

However, if you decide to go, best wishes to you! We'll miss you.

Adam

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Dude, you got way to butt hurt over such a little comment. I don't think anyone else would have taken that bad. It wasn't exactly the most intelligent comment by Gene, but it was hardly hurtful. Get over yourself, if you want to make an exit, make it clean and peaceful, not in a pissy teenage rage.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Jeff;

You play the victim almost as well as a conservative hockey mom ;).

First let me state that I Am a HUGE Steve Jobs Fan. The man was an innovator and a genius. I own 3 Apple products and debating on getting a 4 th.

Your overreaction to my disappointment in Apple not Jobs is par for the course lately from the behavior I have observed from you.

When I get back in the office, I will remove your mod status and delete your account if you like.

Last edited:
jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
You're leaving an internet forum because there's one person you don't like?

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Guys, thank you to all that have helped me grow as an audioholic. I am completely done with this forum. The Jobs thread has sealed the deal for me. I really want nothing to do with someone who has such little respect for the dead especially a person such as Steve Jobs who to my knowledge has never hurt anyone. It shows very low class in my opinion. I think of you all as my friends and any of you that do not have my email or phone can get it from Alex.

Thank you all and I may talk to you again on some other audio forum.

Jeff
Gene thanks for clarifying! No disrepect for anyone, Jeff come on stay!

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Stratman, I don't think we can stick the pin back into this hand grenade.:( For what it's worth, I saw nothing offensive about Gene's statement. I figured that he meant that it would've been nicer for Steve, if the newest product was something revolutionary, like the iPad, rather than something mildly evolutionary, like the new iPhone.

Jeff's reaction was waaaay over the top.:eek: He could've easily asked for a clarification.

And, I would consider myself a neutral commenter, because I don't really have an opinion of Steve Jobs or Apple - good or bad. It's always sad when someone dies at a relatively young age. But, Steve Jobs' passing doesn't bother me any more, or any less, than anyone in my local paper's obituary column.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
What a drama queen. If you're going to bail out of this forum due to ONE comment that wasn't even offensive then I say, "Good riddance!"

But I'm a liberal so I'm sure you don't care what I think anyway. :D

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

1. Jeff has a point

2. Jeff has way over reacted

I don't know how a lackluster iPhone launch event in balance of what Jobs has done at Apple in the past decade plus was presented as sending off point. It does baffle the senses.

While it is missing the forest for the trees (focusing on the negative) Jeff's reaction is over the top and can only guess that there is something going on personally in his life that is somehow bleeding out into the forum.

Hang around Jeff. With all the crap that is going on in the world this is nothing to get in a huff over.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I wonder if any Windows/XBox/Zune users are going to get so butt-hurt over a comment like that when Bill Gates dies. Ya know, the guy that's put billions into programs for charity and education and disease prevention throughout the word. The guy whose Giving Pledge, which has amassed hundreds of billions of pledged contributions, was not entered into by Steve Jobs. Yeah, that guy.

Last time I checked, and I check often, Jobs actually did away with all of Apple's philanthropic programs when he returned to the company in 1997. He never reinstated them with Apple posting $10B+ a year in profits. People are acting like Mother Theresa died when in fact someone died who basically capitalized on egocentric consumers to realize glorious profit. Jobs started up a foundation in 1985 when he was basically a rising star, and he shut it down very quickly after that to start up NeXT. Once he had the finances and power to actually do something beneficial, he dumped it into bigger and better profits! Libraries? Hospital wings? Schools? Research labs for global diseases? Who needs those things, just put out some nice shiny iPods, that'll make the world a better place.

People die by the truckloads every day, kids are starving throughout the word, and the internet is riddled with posts about one guy who satisfied a basic consumer demand and reaped huge personal gain in the process. Wow.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What would Jobs do? :eek:

Nothing that anyone says will change what he did or didn't do in his life or the fact that he is no longer here. Apple will continue making products, and I will likely continue to not buy them. Are they cool? Some of them. Do I care? Not really.

I agree, Jeff, put the frustration aside and focus on the Audio.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
That's exactly right. Let's give him credit where it is due, but he was a far cry from the Saint Jobs that some people make him out to be. Truth be told, he couldn't possibly give a flying F less about any of the people that are all riled up about his passing. He didn't want to talk to you, he certainly didn't want to have dinner at your place, and he absolutely couldn't give a crap less about your death if you were to die. I wonder how many Apple customers or underpaid foreign or domestic employees have died that he made rants online about. Oh, that's right. None.

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
I dunno what happend or care to read that thread about Jobs.

All I have to say what ever it was that makes you want to leave Audioholics is iSad :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis