Dolbys & DTS. Does it matter?

J

Joseman37

Audioholic Intern
Hi there guys. New question.
I bought a bunch of Marvel movies that are 4K UHD, and they all say Dolby and DTS. Should I be worried if my receiver doesn't have the Dolby that my movie requires?

Thank you!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not particularly but what is the player and receiver involved?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
That receiver does have Dolby Digital, which is "the Dolby the movie requires."

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
He may be concerned that a movie labeled "Dolby Atmos" will not play properly on his "Dolby TrueHD" receiver. The movies will playback in "Dolby TrueHD" since Atmos information on disc is an extension of the TrueHD track. Since there is no Atmos processing or Atmos speakers, there will be no Atmos effects. The movies will still play wonderfully in "Dolby TrueHD" until you get to "Avengers:Infinty War". Then, well, let's just say that if you watch that one in "DIRECT" mode as some have, you can count on the bass going directly into the toilet.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Dolby Atmos will still play in Dolby TrueHD. DTSX will still play in DTS-MA.

Dolby TrueHD and DTSMA sound great in 7.1 or 5.1.

J

Joseman37

Audioholic Intern
He may be concerned that a movie labeled "Dolby Atmos" will not play properly on his "Dolby TrueHD" receiver. The movies will playback in "Dolby TrueHD" since Atmos information on disc is an extension of the TrueHD track. Since there is no Atmos processing or Atmos speakers, there will be no Atmos effects. The movies will still play wonderfully in "Dolby TrueHD" until you get to "Avengers:Infinty War". Then, well, let's just say that if you watch that one in "DIRECT" mode as some have, you can count on the bass going directly into the toilet.
What do you mean?. Will my receiver not support sound for that movie?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Oh no, it will play just fine. There have been complaints about how the soundtrack was mixed on that movie but it has nothing to do with your receiver's ability to play it.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Hi there guys. New question.
I bought a bunch of Marvel movies that are 4K UHD, and they all say Dolby and DTS. Should I be worried if my receiver doesn't have the Dolby that my movie requires?

Thank you!!
Only very old amps do you not have any of those. Newer ones can do all formats . My onkyo 818 can’t do the new ones like that rhat came out later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis