Dolby Digital won't stay on.

M

Mooreb451

Audiophyte
I don't know if this is an amateur mistake I am making or if this has been discussed before. I have a Sony X850E smart tv hooked to a Yamaha HTR-6130 Reciever. I have never really had issues with Netflix or Amazon prime video sending the Dolby Digital 5.1 signal to the receiver through a digital optical cable. I seem to be running into an issue with the movies anywhere app and disney+ streaming content. The media will start to play and the receiver will show dolby digital 5.1 for maybe 2 seconds then switches to PCM stereo. I have tried switching all the settings on tv and Reciever and nothing seems to fix the issue.
Thanks in advance for any help

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know if this is an amateur mistake I am making or if this has been discussed before. I have a Sony X850E smart tv hooked to a Yamaha HTR-6130 Reciever. I have never really had issues with Netflix or Amazon prime video sending the Dolby Digital 5.1 signal to the receiver through a digital optical cable. I seem to be running into an issue with the movies anywhere app and disney+ streaming content. The media will start to play and the receiver will show dolby digital 5.1 for maybe 2 seconds then switches to PCM stereo. I have tried switching all the settings on tv and Reciever and nothing seems to fix the issue.
Thanks in advance for any help
Are you sure the display outputs full 5.1 from optical? Most downmix to 2 channel.

M

Mooreb451

Audiophyte
Are you sure the display outputs full 5.1 from optical? Most downmix to 2 channel.
As far as I know. When looking on the receiver menu for incoming signal it shows Dolby Digital for Netflix and Amazon and also for those first few seconds on the other 2 streaming services before switching to PCM. Funny thing is my father has an older yamaha HTR-6030 getting signal through optical from a TCL roku tv and everything works as advertised

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis