Dolby Atmos Upgrade for BW

G

GregKeyesPe

Junior Audioholic
Hey guys! Going to buy some Dolby atmos speakers for my system.

would you go BW8inceling or SVS Prime elevation?

Current system is
BW 603 s2
HTM6 s2
SVS SB3000 upgrading to the SB16 ultra
Marantz7013

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’d probably get the BW just for continuity. The SVS will probably be cheaper and still be awesome though. I’d also upgrade to a PB16 over an sb16. But honestly I’d upgrade to a pb4000 and save a couple bucks, while having seed money for a second pb4k.

G

GregKeyesPe

Junior Audioholic
I’d probably get the BW just for continuity. The SVS will probably be cheaper and still be awesome though. I’d also upgrade to a PB16 over an sb16. But honestly I’d upgrade to a pb4000 and save a couple bucks, while having seed money for a second pb4k.
Cool Bud! I’m going with a seal because I’m hurting on space and my wife don’t want some huge ass sub. But would you go 4000 over ultra?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Cool Bud! I’m going with a seal because I’m hurting on space and my wife don’t want some huge ass sub. But would you go 4000 over ultra?
I hear that!
So, understanding that you’re cramped on space, I’m assuming that means overall too.(smallish room?). So yes. From what I remember of the numbers and such, the 4000 is very close to the ultra. The ultra would provide an advantage in a larger room. Imo.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Room is a open concept but it’s 22x26
So let me figure this out you say you have a 22 x 26 room but you have no space for a couple of inches here or there for slightly larger cabinet subwoofer why do I see a problem with that.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So let me figure this out you say you have a 22 x 26 room but you have no space for a couple of inches here or there for slightly larger cabinet subwoofer why do I see a problem with that.
My guess is she just doesn’t wanna see them in general.

Imo, duals are the way to go, and that room easily calls for duals. For my money ported wins the day, waf need not apply, and two pb4k’s is cheaper than two SB16 ultras, and will easily outperform them. The sb16’s would have a little more midbass but below 35hz, the PB4’s easily win. Another option I really like is the PC4000. Great form factor, with the same performance as a box.
At the end of the day, waf is waf and everyone has to weigh that differently so...
If it HAS to be sealed, then I guess the ultra is the one to choose. My thinking was a smallish room, but 22x26 is good sized, and how many other rooms are attached...?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis