Dolby Atmos question

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
And that is why everybody will have very different opinions about music remastered in Dolby Atmos. Now, if the artist is hands on with the mastering and the Dolby Atmos version is the only version, then that is a different story. But, most of the stuff out there now was put together without artist involvement and the results are all over the place. This is true of all multi channel versions be they Dolby Atmos, DSD, DTS or MLP. I have found I prefer some to the 2 channel versions. Some I don't care for at all. Dolby Atmos ceiling speakers will add to the pleasure for some and to others displeasure.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
And that is why everybody will have very different opinions about music remastered in Dolby Atmos. Now, if the artist is hands on with the mastering and the Dolby Atmos version is the only version, then that is a different story. But, most of the stuff out there now was put together without artist involvement and the results are all over the place. This is true of all multi channel versions be they Dolby Atmos, DSD, DTS or MLP. I have found I prefer some to the 2 channel versions. Some I don't care for at all. Dolby Atmos ceiling speakers will add to the pleasure for some and to others displeasure.
Hard to find many artists that work in 5.1 even.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis