Dolby Atmos / DTS: X Home Theater Compatible Games

FadedKamui

FadedKamui

Audiophyte
I'm starting this thread in hopes of growing a list of games that are compatible with the home theater versions of Dolby Atmos and DTS: X immersive surround sound and object based audio formats.

I'm not interested in the headphone variations (Dolby Atmos for headphones or DTS: Headphone X).

It's been really difficult to find reliable lists on these titles. For instance, Overwatch is listed as a Dolby Atmos game, but there's posts I've seen where it's only the headphone variation (I don't own the game, so I can't confirm personally, hence this thread).

It should also be noted that currently I don't know of ANY games that support DTS: X (which is a bummer).

I'll start this list with the couple games I own that support these formats:

- Resident Evil 2: Remake
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Forza Horizon 4
- Metro Exodus
- Gears of War 5

Please list any additional games you know of that support these formats; I'm really looking forward to where gaming can take object based and immersive audio!

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I am interested as well. To be honest, I’m not a big gamer but I would like to get a PS5 when they are back in stock for retail price and use it to take it advantage of my 4K/Atmos set up.

Plus I am into VR and I know Sony will be releasing a VR headset for the PS5 in the future and I already have my Oculus Quest hooked up through aux cord to my stereo and run the audio from there instead of the flimsy sound system of the headset, which is really nice.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So to my understanding PS4/PS5 will does not have native Atmos or DTS:X support but uses Sony’s object based audio format. I don’t have any experience with it but would be curious to hear some feedback on it. In terms of native Atmos games at the moment it doesn’t seem like we have a whole lot of them. To add to your list

1) Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019
2) Project Cars III
3) Dirt 5

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Oooh, Dirt 5 was one of the free games on PSN. I have the RE2: remake as well. I was curious about which games supported the expanded audio capabilities as well.

Fenmaris

Fenmaris

Audiophyte
I'm starting this thread in hopes of growing a list of games that are compatible with the home theater versions of Dolby Atmos and DTS: X immersive surround sound and object based audio formats.

I'm not interested in the headphone variations (Dolby Atmos for headphones or DTS: Headphone X).

It's been really difficult to find reliable lists on these titles. For instance, Overwatch is listed as a Dolby Atmos game, but there's posts I've seen where it's only the headphone variation (I don't own the game, so I can't confirm personally, hence this thread). I almost forgot to tell you about the website where I enjoy gambling!

It should also be noted that currently I don't know of ANY games that support DTS: X (which is a bummer).

I'll start this list with the couple games I own that support these formats:

- Resident Evil 2: Remake
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Forza Horizon 4
- Metro Exodus
- Gears of War 5

Please list any additional games you know of that support these formats; I'm really looking forward to where gaming can take object based and immersive audio!
If I'm not mistaken, Resident Evil Biohazard also has Dolby Atmos support

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I saw a review that said Mortal Kombat 1 has good audio. I like those games, but wasn't planning on picking it up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis