Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 Speaker setup

O

oro0709

Audiophyte
Hello All,
I currently have a 5.1 setup, LF/C/RF and two ceiling surrounds. I would like to add two in-ceiling speakers for DA configuration. My dilemma is the following, I don't have any other options for placement of my surround speakers but on the ceiling.
Where should I mount the DA ceiling speakers? If mount them above my mailn seating location, they would be about two feet in front of my surrounds.
How far apart should my surrounds and DA speakers be?
Should they be mounted in-line with my existing surrounds?

Thank you

A

agn4bigred

Audiophyte
I am building a very similar setup, with my two surrounds in the ceiling about 2-3 ft behind viewing area. Would placing two more in ceiling speakers in front of the seats at a 45 degree angle give me the 5.1.2 Atmos effect? It’s obviously not ideal but I am limited to inceiling only or upfiring enabled speakers.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Nope. You will get overhead sounds, but it won’t be immersive. It’s just the reality of it. The interplay between the bed layer and height layer is why it works. Seems like a lot of people are having the same question lately lol. In my mind it would be as useful as putting surrounds on top of mains.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis