wannadanc

wannadanc

Audiophyte
I am such a newbie that I don't even know if there IS an inexpensive solution to my problem.

In a writing group to which I belong, some of the members have such low volume to their voice that one cannot hear them when they speak. No matter how much we plead, they don't appear to recognize what is needed.

Is there a portable, AFFORDABLE wireless loud speaker that could be passed around when one of these "silent partners" shares a written article?

If there is such an item, please give me a compass heading so I know what I need to buy and where I may buy it.

I would gladly buy one for the group myself - this is not a gathering of people with too many pennies to spare.

Equally, if such simply does not exist, say it to me gently.

Thank you for your help.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sorry but I don't think I fully understand your requirements, although I'd love to be of help.

Do you mean you want your group in person to be able to amplify their voices so everyone can hear each other better?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I am such a newbie that I don't even know if there IS an inexpensive solution to my problem.

In a writing group to which I belong, some of the members have such low volume to their voice that one cannot hear them when they speak. No matter how much we plead, they don't appear to recognize what is needed.

Is there a portable, AFFORDABLE wireless loud speaker that could be passed around when one of these "silent partners" shares a written article?

If there is such an item, please give me a compass heading so I know what I need to buy and where I may buy it.

I would gladly buy one for the group myself - this is not a gathering of people with too many pennies to spare.

Equally, if such simply does not exist, say it to me gently.

Thank you for your help.
Assuming the people who are so quiet are either not comfortable speaking in public or physically unable to, using a boundary mic will make them less uncomfortable that a regular one. This could be plugged into a boom box or small PA. If it's a small group and this takes place in a small room, move the person reading into a corner. It's a natural amplifier and costs nothing. If the seats and/or podium (if there is one) doesn't move, try the mic in the link.
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crown-Sound-Grabber-II-PZM-Condenser-Microphone?sku=278412

If it's only one person and they have a major fear of speaking in front of people, doing it more should make them more at ease, but there's no guarantee.

wannadanc

wannadanc

Audiophyte
Sorry but I don't think I fully understand your requirements, although I'd love to be of help.

Do you mean you want your group in person to be able to amplify their voices so everyone can hear each other better?
Thank you so much for your offer to help. This unit would be handed over to the one or two folks in our group of 14, when it was their turn to read, so that their voices would be made louder. Hopefully that makes sense.

phlakvest

phlakvest

Audioholic
Your best bet is to setup a portable P/A similar to what I linked above somewhere in the room. Then pass a wireless mic around the group.

wannadanc

wannadanc

Audiophyte
look at something like this.

You'll have to buy a wireless mic for it if you don't want to fight the cords.
I appreciate the link (which I am not allowed to repost) -but it is, as I feared, way beyond the costs I can incur for a situation such as this. Darn it!!!

wannadanc

wannadanc

Audiophyte
How about something like this.

(Radio Shack link)

I have no experience with it so I can't attest to its quality. But it looks like it might fit the bill.
That IS getting into the range of possibilities. Thank you!!! I will have my techie son go to RS with me soon!!!

wannadanc

wannadanc

Audiophyte

If it's only one person and they have a major fear of speaking in front of people, doing it more should make them more at ease, but there's no guarantee.
I didn't mean to skip your assistance - I failed to notice it. Thank you so much - my techie son will have lots of things on which to counsel me - yes!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis