Does the Denon X4400H work with Dolby Vision?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Someone told me to set Denon Video Conversion to "on" at the AVS board. I trust your judgment better tho Acu! I dont want the AVR to do my upscaling so of course it should be "off" right?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Someone told me to set Denon Video Conversion to "on" at the AVS board. I trust your judgment better tho Acu! I dont want the AVR to do my upscaling so of course it should be "off" right?
I would turn the AVR Upscaling to Off.

I have more confidence in the Sony 4K BD player’s upscaling ability than the X4400.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Denon Video Conversion only has "on" or "off" So set it to "off" right?
And i/p Scaler to "off" or "HDMI"?
Upconversion allows you to convert signals between composite video, S-video, component video and HDMI.
Upscaling upscale, or upconvert (if you prefer that term) resolutions from 480i to 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p or all the way to 4K. You may or may not need the upconvert feature "On", As an example, if you still have a VHS cassette deck hooked up to the Denon via composite video connections, you may want to leave "Upconvert" on so it can output the signal to the TV via HDMI.

You can choose to have one on and the other off, or both off, or both on. I thought the Denon's upscaler works amazingly and surprisingly well, but I typically turn it off too just to minimize heat. The cooler the unit run the longer it is going to last, all else being equal.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Thanks guys i turned Video Conversion to "off". Now what about 4k Signal Format? Since my PJ is not HDR ready should i have it set at "standard" or "enhanced"?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis