Does L/R bypass disable downsampling on the mains?

D

DubPlate

Audioholic Intern
I believe Auddessey downsamples the signal to say 48khz, to match onboard processor limitations.

Does anyone have any insight whether enabling L/R bypass also passes the signal to the mains without downsampling, as Auddessey on the mains are disabled?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You mean the L/R Bypass choice like Reference or Flat in the Audyssey curve selector? All that does afaik is limit the eq to the rest of the speakers, as it is within the Audyssey menu....but is not an official Audyssey feature apparently from comments Chris K of Audyssey has made....something the avr guys put in so who knows, maybe only the avr manufacturer can tell for sure?

D

DubPlate

Audioholic Intern
You mean the L/R Bypass choice like Reference or Flat in the Audyssey curve selector? All that does afaik is limit the eq to the rest of the speakers, as it is within the Audyssey menu....but is not an official Audyssey feature apparently from comments Chris K of Audyssey has made....something the avr guys put in so who knows, maybe only the avr manufacturer can tell for sure?
Yep, I was talking about one of the curve selectors. Been searching the internet for sometime now without a hit. May have to do as you suggest and email the manufacturer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, I was talking about one of the curve selectors. Been searching the internet for sometime now without a hit. May have to do as you suggest and email the manufacturer.
I'd still imagine that it doesn't do as you're hoping (nor do I think that matters particularly, either). Good luck!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
FWIW, my understanding is that L/R bypass is just deactivating any Audyssey control over those channels. I would love to know if this is different.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis