Does anyone remember this?

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Classic - yeah, probably not very PC, but what was back then. I especially like the big dinosaur hopping along like a gazelle. I'm sure that's how they moved back in their day. :D

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
http://www.jibjab.com/view/146585

Inki the caveman. I know it's probably not PC, but it's funny.
Not "PC"? What? The way the lion's mane is tufted? The way the lion's tail is neatly cropped with a sphere at its' tip? What? :p

I do remember it...but not from 1950...sometime in the 70's. I think it's hilarious. BTW, the caveman with the bone in his hair could be an aborigine. I know, as I have a number of relatives in Australia, and many of them still dress that way. Well, except for the bone. :p

Not PC? I think a German, Russian or American would look just as funny with a bone in their hair. While it is true many tribes still adorn their heads with all kinds of "stuff", I do not think it insensitive to African Americans (or Africans)that this cartoon depicts a dark colored man with a bone in his hair. He could be Aborigine. And it would be just as funny to see Elmer Fudd with that bone glued to his scalp. Would it be done that way today? I hope we are not so overly sensitive that certain ethnicities are forever beyond (good natured) ridicule. That's not to say that it is permissible to constantly ridicule any ethnicity, but why can all ethnicities not have a somewhat more equal role (as jokester and target)? That would be truly "indisriminatory." (sic) Does the target of the joke forever have to be a middle aged white guy? Absolutely not.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Not "PC"? What? The way the lion's mane is tufted? The way the lion's tail is neatly cropped with a sphere at its' tip? What? :p

I do remember it...but not from 1950...sometime in the 70's. I think it's hilarious. BTW, the caveman with the bone in his hair could be an aborigine. I know, as I have a number of relatives in Australia, and many of them still dress that way. Well, except for the bone. :p

Not PC? I think a German, Russian or American would look just as funny with a bone in their hair. While it is true many tribes still adorn their heads with all kinds of "stuff", I do not think it insensitive to African Americans (or Africans)that this cartoon depicts a dark colored man with a bone in his hair. He could be Aborigine. And it would be just as funny to see Elmer Fudd with that bone glued to his scalp. Would it be done that way today? I hope we are not so overly sensitive that certain ethnicities are forever beyond (good natured) ridicule. That's not to say that it is permissible to constantly ridicule any ethnicity, but why can all ethnicities not have a somewhat more equal role (as jokester and target)? That would be truly "indisriminatory." (sic) Does the target of the joke forever have to be a middle aged white guy? Absolutely not.
That was the beauty of Michael Maltese and friends at Warner Brothers, everything and everyone was fair game, I agree people shouldn't be so sensitive as to lable such a cartoon as being offensive. I loved that cartoon I remember seeing back in the 70s too. Along with other cartoons that poked fun at hillbillies, Latinos, Chinese, Africans, Black Americans, Italians, the elderly, Eskimos, dogs, cats, mice, birds, you name it it was fair target. They also happened to be smarter and funnier than any of the mess that's passed off as cartoons.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I'd all but forgotten about him,he reminds me of lil black sambo.

Last edited by a moderator:
stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You know the animator for this cartoon is U.B. Iwerks, the father of Mickey Mouse! He came up with the mouse for Disney.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis