Does anyone live in the north shore of Boston? How the heck do you afford rent??

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Not sure the exact finances but I can tell you they did not seem like the type to pinch pennys if you know what I mean. Between the boat, the the 2 blacked out AMG wagons, and other lavish life style expenses somehow the money got tight. My minds more blow by the cost of living in SF.
That sounds more believable. I can’t believe their parents were willing to help. That’s ridiculous.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Jamaica Plains is a very bad area. You can find studios and 1br here for 1100, which is what I'm budgeting for, but it's few and far between. I'm absolutely not trying to move into Boston anyways. I'm hoping to stay around Beverly, Salem, Danvers, basically Essex county. Like I said, north shore. I'm currently in Swampscott close to lynn and want to try to avoid having to drive through Salem daily because it's a PITA and slooooow moving.

Last edited:
R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
North Shore certainly isn't cheap; you need to means to live there. There are plenty of other places to check out north of Boston which are nice. For example, Melrose which may be more reasonable, has a nice downtown, and 3 Commuter Rail stops (Wyoming, Cedar Park, Highlands). Reading is also a nice area to live and does have a Commuter Rail stop. I would suggest taking advantage of the Commuter Rail as driving into Boston can be a real nightmare.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis