Does Anyone Else Here Play World of Warships?

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Does anyone else here play World of Warships? I’ve been addicted to this thinking man’s first-person shooter for about a year. Sneaky types and adrenaline junkies (like me :D) can have a great time challenging battleships with their paper-thin-skinned destroyers while more cautious types can enjoy the heavy armor and massive guns of slow moving battleships. There is a kind of rock-paper-scissors vibe with destroyers messing with battleships, cruisers pounding destroyers, and battleships blitzing cruisers. Mostly you're fighting against real players but the pace is slow enough for older players yet exciting enough for all ages, and brains and experience almost always trump reaction-times. It’s free to play although spending a few dollars can speed up advancement within the game – not important unless you’re in a rush because low-tier play is a blast. It would be a lot of fun to put together an Audioholics "clan" (team) or two.

Those that want to master the game quickly can learn a whole lot from watching Youtubes from Flamu, Notser, ichasegaming, and nozupforu.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
This game does look like it could be fun. I don't want to get involved in a dense game at the moment, especially a multiplayer one, but is there is single player campaign or is it multiplayer only? I looked at some of the gameplay footage and the gameplay itself doesn't look that complex, could be fun. By the way, today is national video game day!

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry for taking so long. It's multiplayer only, but you aren't obligated because it's not team based or campaign based. You simply build on your individual skills and tactical knowledge while you earn your way up to higher level ships. There is a team mode coming up but even that will be pretty loose and you just sign-in and play as long as you like and then stay away as long as you like. In fact one of the challenges is the lack of teamwork that often occurs.

If you want to get good fast then visit the youtube channels that I linked above.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis