Does anyone already own a squeezebox?

T

Tombolino

Enthusiast
On the Slim display screen, can you somehow scroll or browse threough artists and songs a la ipod?

......or does it just display the one song you are playing

S

sh0

Audioholic Intern
Yes, you can browse by artist, genre, years, playlist, music folders, etc.

If you want to test the whole system before buying the hardware, you could install the Slim Server software on your computer and then install the SoftSqueeze client as well. Softsqueeze is a software version of the Squeezebox device. Both the server software and Softsqueeze are available for free.

http://softsqueeze.sourceforge.net/

You can even synchronize the Softsqueeze client with a Squeezebox.

Actually, it looks like Softsqueeze2 comes with the Slim Server now. It looks like you can access it via the web interface to the Slim Server.

T

Tombolino

Enthusiast
thanks. I need to know if can see the Artists, Genere, Shuffle on the hardware screen of the (slim) device that will be sitting around in my living room

Biscokid

Biscokid

Audioholic
yes you can.
Buy one and you will never think of going back..

S

sh0

Audioholic Intern
The Softsqueeze client has the same interface as the hardware client (from what I've seen). It looks like the hardware and even has the "remote" in software form. That's why I suggested giving it a try so you could see if the interface does what you want. If it does it in Softsqueeze, you should be able to do it / see it on the hardware Squeezebox in your living room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis