Does any one have LEAP that could model something for me?

annunaki

annunaki

Hello,

I am looking at doing 5 matched speakers for a surround system. I was wanting to know if anyone had an LEAP program or similar to model a woofer/tweeter combo for me. Thanks in advance. :)

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
annunaki said:
I am looking at doing 5 matched speakers for a surround system. I was wanting to know if anyone had an LEAP program or similar to model a woofer/tweeter combo for me.
What is LEAP? I use a program at work called LEAP, but I doubt it's what you are meaning. If it is the same thing, then I have an alternative program that is far, far superior.

Please elaborate.

Regards

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Buckle-meister said:
What is LEAP? I use a program at work called LEAP, but I doubt it's what you are meaning. If it is the same thing, then I have an alternative program that is far, far superior.

Please elaborate.

Regards

LEAP, Loudspeaker Enclosure Analysis Program.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
annunaki said:
Hello,

I am looking at doing 5 matched speakers for a surround system. I was wanting to know if anyone had an LEAP program or similar to model a woofer/tweeter combo for me. Thanks in advance. :)
Dennis Murphy ( http://murphyblaster.com ) has been known to take the time to model/design select projects for people upon request. Try your luck and e-mail him. :)

-Chris

annunaki

annunaki

Chris,

Thanks, I will try him.

You should check out another thread I started in the Loudspeaker and Subwoofer section. It may need some of your expertise. ;)

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
I've got LspCAD, Bassbox Pro 6, and WinISD I can let you "borrow" if you want to do it yourself. I would reccomend LspCAD, as it's the most accurate of all three.

annunaki

annunaki

Francious,

Your PM box is full so here it is:

I would be very interested in "borrowing" the LspCAD program from you. Let me know of anything I need to do. My email address is robmega@yahoo.com. I have WinISD right now. It works well for subwoofers but not for midrange/midbass woofers as it only goes up to 500hz.

Thanks for your time!

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
My PM's are full?? Odd. But anyways, here is a link for you to download a "trial" version of it.

URL removed

This comes with LspCAD 6 and LspCAD 5.25 Personally, I use version 5.25 as it's more user-friendly. When you open LspCAD there is a tap at the top that says "Extras", click that and select LspCAD 5.25. Wonderful little program.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ingemar65

Audiophyte
LspCAD 6

Hi

You guys probably don't give a **** about it but just in case you for some reason don't know it...
Downloading / sharing LspCAD software is illegal.

Ingemar Johansson
Developer of LspCAD software

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Ingemar65 said:
Hi

You guys probably don't give a **** about it but just in case you for some reason don't know it...
Downloading / sharing LspCAD software is illegal.

Ingemar Johansson
Developer of LspCAD software
I have an off topic question, but I would like to get some perspective from a software manufacturer's perspective of a related issue.

Why do some software manufacturers use DRM(digital rights management) type systems such as call back confirmation or hardware locks? Please consider and address the following if you answer....

-These DRM systems do not work to prevent people who intend to illegally use the software. A crack file or call-back code generator to bypass the DRM is always widely available for software that grabbed the attention of such people.

-The only people that would not bypass the system are people who intend to purchase the software and use it legally.

From a my (a software customer) perspective, such DRM as specified above is a horrible feature. I have been burned in the past by purchasing and using such software. The customer is dependant on the manufacturer of the software to continually support the product when the DRM malfunctions or when a OS re-install is performed or when a computer transfer is initiated. Eventually, in my experience, support ends for the product(s) and you are left with (a) worthless product(s) unless you (a legal customer) resort to using an *illegal* crack. A standard serial number activation is the best option from a customer perspective.

-Chris

Last edited:
WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Francious70 said:
My PM's are full?? Odd. But anyways, here is a link for you to download a "trial" version of it.
I inspected the file contents. This is not a trial or demo version. This is the full (commercial) version and is not authorized for free distribution. I recommend that you remove the link immediately as you may place a burden of liability on Audioholics.

-Chris

One of our mods removed the link (thanks). Please don't post links to pirated or otherwise illegal software on these forums.

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
Sorry, didn't know it would cause any problems. I'll be sure to keep anything of this nature away from the forum in the future to keep you guys away from legal problems.

I

Ingemar65

Audiophyte
Software piracy

Hi

I can assure you that this programming business is nothing that makes me rich, in fact software piracy has reduced my income pretty much. You might argue "why should the guy earn money, it is only software after all, he should do it for free".
Please feel free then to sit down 1000h/year hacking software and then spread it out for free. LspCAD is NOT for free and therefore you should not spread it at all to anyone without permission. That probably goes for the other commercial software you have in your posession.

Ingemar Johansson

Francious70 said:
Sorry, didn't know it would cause any problems. I'll be sure to keep anything of this nature away from the forum in the future to keep you guys away from legal problems.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis