DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
cmryan821, you should try the approach above to try and recoup the monies for you sent MLS for those speakers you never received that he was selling for the friend of his that was undergoing a divorce. Good old Mark. Just trying to help a friend out and he just tripped on his humbly bumbly largess.

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
cmryan821, you should try the approach above to try and recoup the monies for you sent MLS for those speakers you never received that he was selling for the friend of his that was undergoing a divorce. Good old Mark. Just trying to help a friend out and he just tripped on his humbly bumbly largess.
I filed with the Colorado AG's Office of Consumer Fraud early last month. They in turn emailed me and advised me to also file with the Internet Crime Complaint Center. As of yet, neither has gotten back to me. Still hoping though.

Btw, the link you posted doesn't seem to link to any forms. Maybe this is the link you meant to post?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I filed with the Colorado AG's Office of Consumer Fraud early last month. They in turn emailed me and advised me to also file with the Internet Crime Complaint Center. As of yet, neither has gotten back to me. Still hoping though.

Btw, the link you posted doesn't seem to link to any forms. Maybe this is the link you meant to post?
Yes, that's the right link. Could one of the admins please edit my post to reflect that?

I'm hoping too. Maybe you can consider following it up with a phone call. Instead of wading through all the automated choices, just hit 0 at the appropriate time.

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Somebody shoot me now, cuz I just ordered a pair of the elt525m mini monitors cuz they were only $149 :(

M

mziegler

Audioholic
Somebody shoot me now, cuz I just ordered a pair of the elt525m mini monitors cuz they were only $149 :(
It is more likely that you shot yourself, especially if the company goes out of business, although I'm sure the speakers are decent for the price.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Did they ship yet? If not you can cancel your order.

Where there any shipping costs added onto the $149?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
No, it was free shipping. They're clearing out a lot of things it seems. Most of the ELT525 stuff was out of stock. Of course, if they don't ship, I can always do a chargeback on my visa.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
They're clearing out all the stuff that hasn't been selling. Enjoy the 90 day warranty.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I saw the 90 day warranty. Hopefully the speakers work fine, there's not many things that could break inside.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Rumor has it

that Arte Forma will be shortly terminating their relationship with AV451. Look for the appropriate spin from Longmont.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I hope the lack of news from Sean is a result of him being up to his eyeballs in proper quality LS cabinets, drivers, crossover components, wiring, and maybe even a check to cover some expenses...

They're clearing out all the stuff that hasn't been selling. Enjoy the 90 day warranty.
Wow - so they've officially (albeit quietly) declared the ELT525 series to be discontinued, and then (also quietly) declared that the remaining new inventory no longer gets a full warranty. I thought their deep storage had parts inventory to support all their discontinued models through warranty and beyond?

So once those last monitors are gone, they'll be offering LS's, X-Static, X-Voce, MFW-15, and a couple pieces of electronics.

that Arte Forma will be shortly terminating their relationship with AV451. Look for the appropriate spin from Longmont.
Speaking of electronics...

I never heard of anybody actually buying one of those, anyway. As for the appropriate spin, history would suggest that the response from Longmont will be either silence (as was the primary reaction to the loss of connection with SAC) or a brief claim that it was an AV123 decision because the partner company was too slow in delivering product (as was the case with the loss of Fallen Enclosures as a source for LS cabinets) followed by more silence and perhaps a new teaser picture of some raw cabinet prototypes, a sample driver, or a rendering for a future product.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Do they really come daily?
It can feel that way sometimes. Going backward over the last year (since the emails started in April 2009), I received seven emails last month, eight in March, six in February, four in January, five in December, six in November, five in October, six in September, four in August, two in July, six in June, three in May, and five last April. That's around 67 emails in 13 months.

J

jongaro

Junior Audioholic
This is for every single one of you who are owed monies, products, and whatever. Even if you've got a gift card or a store credit this applies to YOU.

I've called the Colorado Attorney General's Office on two separate occasions with respect to consumer issues. I've spoken to two different people and have been given the same information in both cases. We're going to do this whole process via the internet.

1. Remember I said to get yourself organized. WTF are you waiting for?
  2. Write a document detailing what has happened. Keep it organized. Bullet or number it for ease in reading. Remember to mention that Mark Lawrence Schifter has been indicted on four felony counts of fraud pertaining to the raffles. Don't worry the CO AG's office knows who he is. Include any correspondence pertaining to your situation. That includes anything Suzanne may've said as well as Kyle. Everyone is on the hook here.
  3. Get all your emails in chronological order and save them to a document.
  4. Now, go here: http://www.coloradoattorneygeneral.gov/contact_us and fill in the form. At the bottom you've got places where you can attach all your documents and files.
  5. Submit it.
  6. If you want, send hard copies also. The address is on the left.
  7. Now that you've done that, go here: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx and you can figure out the rest.
We want to get everyone involved in this but let's pass on the BBB. You're way beyond that now.

WTF are you waiting for? Move your phucking asses already!!!
I'm on this! I have saved every email discussion I've ever had with MLS and Suzanne. Hell, I even have stuff back with Sean. All the delays, begging for my money, their unwillingness to do anything with my GC, the endless delays with the BMF, our heart to heart discussions, including numbers, on some of the raffles, and ultimately my threats that finally got him and suzanne to break the rules and refund me... years later.

I have felt bad at times for MLS... and on some level still do. But ultimately people deserve their money back and MLS should never be allowed back into the audio industry in any capacity. I hope that jail time will convince him of such.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Does that mean after everything you went through, that they still owe you money?

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Did VA321 even ever ship a single product made by Arte Forma?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
AFAIK, they've had the same numbers allegedly in stock since day one. 'Course, if they reduced the price to $399, covered the metal in that nice cracking, splitting, veneer, they'd fly off the shelves.

BTW, the easiest way to find out what happened with Sean is to call Kyle. He's got plenty of time to ride around with MLS and go to court and I'm sure it's not too busy over there. He can probably give you a first hand account of how things went down over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis